Recommendations on 2nd Radiator

I'm thinking of adding a second radiator into my loop.

Current Setup (Rosewill Challenger / Similar to NZXT Gamma):

Swiftech MCP355 Pump -> Res, CPU, GPU, 1x Swiftech MC320 (3x 120mm). Overclocking an Intel i5 2500K and GTX 580.

I got a 140/120 mm fan mount on top of my case (no other room inside of case). I could fit a 240 rad or maybe a 360 rad on the exterior top of the case.

======

Testing with CPU @ 4.5 GHz @ 1.34 V

Prime95 Max CPU Temp: 62C

BF3 on Ultra: 58C (CPU) / 47C (GPU)

I may not need another radiator then. These temps seem fine, although GPU is on stock atm.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Is thee a larger radiator that you could put on the back such as a thermochill feser or xspc radiator?? Maybe a pump improvement will help also??

That's another option, that I may take up to save space and clutter. The case already looks unwieldy with just one radiator on the outside.

I have a thing about radiators outside the case. In your situation you have too but I can not personally stand having any part of my cooling solution outside the case. It just looks awefully awkward in my personal opinion. But there is that option to stuff a monster radiator and bigger pump in place. If you have room in the 5 1/4 bays you could get xspc s bay pump Res with there pump built in or there bay pump that houses an mcp655.. just a few options to take. I can't remember how many bays a Challenger has but there dual res's work very well.

I think I broke a world record, 9.2 GHz (thanks to a bug :D).

captureykn.jpg

Note to others skip Gigabyte Z68, a lot of monitoring software don't accurately report Vcore. Currently using AIDA 64, CPUID Hardware Monitor, Core Temp, and CPU-Z. Not a single one of those accurately reports all information correctly. Good example is the screenshot above.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I may just leave it at 4.5 GHz, in BIOS is set to 1.35 V. All the monitoring software are reporting all over the place.

Just to get to 4.6 GHz, I had to shoot it to 1.38V, not sure if I should even do a 1.4+ V on a 24/7 OC. I've been seeing that reports of other overclockers and they seem to be using much much lower voltages. No clue.

Disabled:

Turbo Boost

C1E

C3/C6 State

CPU Thermal Monitor

Multi-Steps Load-Line

Edited by Krazyxazn