Over Clocking Help

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused....Do you have a bunch of flash drives and just don't want to look for one? If so, then I'm even more confused as to why you are reading this right now and not looking for one ;)

hahahaha no I mean I am looking for one, but I don't want to buy another. My problem is I have all of my 4gb flash drives and up. However, Asus says I need a 2gb flash drive and I can't find a single 2gb. I have a 128 Gb flash drive, just not a 2 : (

You can use any flash drive as long as it has enough space! You should take one of your 4GB, back everything up on your desktop, format it, then use it to flash your bios. Once you are done, you can always format it again, and then put everything from your backup back on the drive ;)

You can use any flash drive as long as it has enough space! You should take one of your 4GB, back everything up on your desktop, format it, then use it to flash your bios. Once you are done, you can always format it again, and then put everything from your backup back on the drive ;)

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!. That makes sense right? However, I spent like 30 minutes on the phone with what had to be the dumbest asus representative on the planet. She kept telling me oh no it HAS to be 2gb, and if it isn't I could mess up my computer forever. She was so fatalistic about everything it kind of pissed me off. Honestly I feel stupid to have listened to anything she had to say.

Well there went a whole 2 hours looking for a 2gb flash drive. I collect flash drives from different places I have been, and I seem to have recovered most of them totaling about 400 GB of data storage. Not a single one a 2gb edition.

Oh well, I will flash my BIOS tomorrow when I have all my cables in my case rearranged and tidied up.

Thanks so much every one for your help so far!!!!!

On the Asus boards (assuming you're going to use EZ Flash) you don't even need to reformat the USB stick, or remove anything off of it. As long as it has room for the BIOS file. Just download the zipped BIOS from the Asus support website, extract the .rom file to your USB stick. The .rom file is about 2100kb in size.

Plug the USB stick into a USB port, reboot the computer, enter BIOS, navigate to the EZ Flash Utility. It will ask you where the BIOS file is, point it to the .rom file on your USB stick and execute the flash. Done.

IMPORTANT: Before you execute the flash, make sure to clear your current BIOS settings and reload the BIOS default values. Don't try to flash your BIOS with anything other than BIOS default values loaded. Once the flash is done, reboot the computer, enter BIOS and load defaults again. Save, exit and reboot. Now you can start messing with the BIOS settings again.

Hi Guys

I am new here. I need help with overclocking my rig

i have a amd athlon x ii 240 on a asus Motherboard

M4N68T-M LE V2 .

When i raise the clock speed on the processor and the volt i get the error "overclocking failed overvoltage failes press f1 to setup and f2 to load defaults"

i have my FSB at 271 , 14 x multiplier and it is working fine at 3 ghz from the stock 2.8 ghz. So if you guys can give me some suggestions it would be great.

Cpu - AMD Athlon x ii 240 2.8 ghz

Mobo - M4N68T-M LE V2 .

Cpu cooler - cooler master hyper 212

Psu - Cooler master extreme 600W

Ram - Corsair vengeance 1600 mhz

Gpu - Zotac GTX 560

Thanks... :rolleyes:

Hi D...........

Best to put your request for assistance in your own thread. Two primary reasons;

1. Thread jacking = please don't

2. You'll get better help

Other than that, welcome to the OCC forums. We are glad to have you here!