First overclock ever! All Done

Wackaveli

Ok I got my small overclock done.

Thanks for all the help and advice, I really apreciate all of it!

To finish off I was hoping a seasoned veteran would look at my CPU-z and tell me if everything looked good =)

I am mostly wondering about the QPI Link, and FSB:DRAM 2:10 Fields - and making sure its best setup for the most performance!

Thanks and comment if you like, its my first ever overclock and I owe it to the forum for the support I received.

post-78754-0-40562200-1319088157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wackaveli

What cooling are you using? Seems a bit high for 3.2GHz.

Also, you may want to try lowering your voltages. I can't say this for all chips but my own i7 920 runs at a stable 3.8GHz with 1.26V at load. It may be worth while to try seeing if you can get your voltages down a bit more.

Definately a redo on the cooler and make sure the fan is working as it should. Check your bios and make sure you have your fan working either on a max constant or a temp controlled speed.

I was wondering why you had your ram on a 2t setting? You might want to try a 1t setting with those pretty stock ram settings.

Definately a redo on the cooler and make sure the fan is working as it should. Check your bios and make sure you have your fan working either on a max constant or a temp controlled speed.

I was wondering why you had your ram on a 2t setting? You might want to try a 1t setting with those pretty stock ram settings.

How do I get the ram on a 1t setting? I dont exactly follow what you mean.

I cannot se what kind of board you have so I'm not sure. look for the setting called command rate, this setting should be in advanced dram settings or frequency and voltage control. it should be a 1N 2N OR 1T 2T. Worsted case senerio look in the Manuel and it will tell you where the setting sub menu is.

Command rates starting with a one normally run faster the command rate 2. If you have unstable or highly overclcked ram command rate 2 can be used to regain stability.