Internal PLL Overvoltage = Disabled

LLC = Ultra High

VRM Frequency = 350

Phase Control change to = Extreme

Duty Control change to = T. Probe

CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled

C states are all enabled

Latest stable:

CPU Core 1.312v - 1.336v (1.320v in BIOS)

CPU PLL 1.500v

VCCIO 1.000v

VCCSA 0.900v

DIMM 1.500v

PCH 1.05v (default)

Temps in 50 run LinX is 72-78C. 65-69C in Prime95.

Is it safe? I'm still curious about VCCSA, VCCIO, PLL and PCH voltages. Try to lower them more? Increase something? Any use getting PLL even lower?

Edited by AeroZ

PLL Overvoltage should be enabled while overclocking... And the voltage settings should be fine on auto no need to up the voltage manually.

They aren't upped. I basically froze the default settings.

Also what's the difference between PLL auto and enabled? I've been googling and found that PLL needs to be enabled to unlock higher multipliers? I'm not sure. Lots of people talk different story.

Also when idle the vcore is 1.344v and sometimes jumps to 1.352v. When I run prime95 then vcore jumps between 1.336-1.344v. Lower voltage under load than idle?

Edited by AeroZ

Use LinX to stress/stability test your SB processor. Prime95 does not stress these chips enough to ensure stability.

Link for newest LinX

But watch your termps.. LinX can make some serious heat compared to p95 ;)

I lowered my overclock to 4.3ghz. Ran prime95 during the night and was stable. Did linx in the morning and had to add 0.010v to get stable. Right now my idle vcore is 1.288v and under load it's about 1.240v.

Internal PLL overvoltage=auto

LLC=high

VRM freq=auto

Phase control=standard

Duty control=t. prob

vcore manual= 1.280

other voltages are on auto

Edited by AeroZ

Got stable with 4.4. Any other tweaks to do?

results.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Another run on 1.270v gave me bsod so upped vcore to 1.275v and stable again.

Edited by AeroZ

Got stable with 4.4. Any other tweaks to do?

results.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Another run on 1.270v gave me bsod so upped vcore to 1.275v and stable again.

Latest stable:

CPU Core 1.264v - 1.288v (1.275v in BIOS)

CPU PLL 1.500v

VCCIO 1.000v

VCCSA 0.900v

DIMM 1.500v

PCH 1.05v (default)

Tried to test with lower vcore but got 101 BSOD. I might even get PLL lower but is it wise to do so? How about other voltages? With these settings I pass Linx 50 times test.

Edited by AeroZ

If you are not producing any inordinate amounts of heat they why worry about the voltage? You are well within OC voltage specs on the chip. If you need to increase marginally to get 4.6 stable on your prim95 or that new LinX then so be it. Each chip has a little different requirements. Good Luck.

If you are not producing any inordinate amounts of heat they why worry about the voltage? You are well within OC voltage specs on the chip. If you need to increase marginally to get 4.6 stable on your prim95 or that new LinX then so be it. Each chip has a little different requirements. Good Luck.

I'm just trying to tweak my current OC as much as I can.

If I want to reach 4.5ghz then i'd have to increase vcore another 0.050v for start. That makes about 1.330-1.340v to get it stable. At that speed I'd probably get 75C or a bit more with LinX.

Tried 4.5ghz too.

vcore 1.312v-1.336v (1.320v in BIOS)

other voltages are the same as for 4.4ghz. Temps in 50 run LinX is 72-78C. 65-69C in Prime95.

Is it safe? I'm still curious about VCCSA, VCCIO, PLL and PCH voltages. Try to lower them more? Increase something?

Edited by AeroZ