More cooling -

Waco

This thread will go nowhere (I'll probably start a new one when I take GOOD pictures) but here's a taste of what I just put together...and yes, the picture sucks. :lol:

IMAG0177.jpg

Can you say WHERE THE HELL IS MY BULLDOZER with me?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, more cooling is needed. ;)

Btw, that's not BEER you're using as coolant, is it?

That would be funny but with a 775 at 4.0Ghz and two GFx cards I still cannot see the need for a pair of Triple radiators.

i can see the reason for push pull on the rad but why fan rad box fan rad fan seem a wee bit redundant but does it really help

Well the fan at the rear of the case is set up as an exhaust fan and the the radiators both have fans in push/pull - so while a bit odd looking - it does the job. :P

He's preparing for a Bulldozer CPU. Plus, those are two dual-GPU cards he's got there.

This. The two 4870X2s put off a LOT of heat. :lol:

As soon as BD launches (assuming it doesn't suck) the CPU will be swapped out for an 8150. :)

Shoehorning Boinker's massive radiatior into the top of the case was a pain in the butt but totally worth it. :wacko: My water temps are barely 3 degrees over ambient on idle and not much over 6-7 degrees under load. :D

Edited by Waco

Wtf that is not right 7C over ambient under load.......

That massive rad and the push pull hanging off your case certainly can disapate a hell of a lot of heat.

What pump/s are you running?

Also that's your water temps so what are the CPU and gpu temps? And you also said that you saw massive differences in power consumption (old thread somewhere) when you had it running cooler. So come now bombard us with facts.

The bigass radiator is in push/pull too. :lol: There's a total of 12 Yate Loon 1350 rpm fans hanging off the two of them. :P

As for CPU temps - no clue. The socket sensor says that the CPU stays a couple degrees above the water temperature but I don't trust it. I can't use the on-die sensors because I have the 4th core unlocked. :(

The GPUs all stay at roughly 3-10 degrees over the water temperature. The water temperature is measured at the exit of the 4th GPU and I'm pretty sure it picks up some latent heat from the GPU block since the sensor is fairly close to the block. My water temps may very well be a bit lower than I am seeing. :lol:

The pump is a single Laing D5 vario in a Koolance RP452-X2 reservoir / pump top. Even with all the crap in my loop it flows like crazy on setting 4. All of my blocks are relatively low restriction so that's not entirely unexpected. :thumbsup:

I'll hook the Kill-a-watt meter again at some point and let you know what the power consumption is. I doubt I'll be able to get the power draw as high as before with the GPUs staying so much cooler now. :D

Edited by Waco