Anyone here work for Ford?

Onion

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should try and talk him in to something like this. You just can't beat that car for the money, if you are looking for a track car. Plus, at less than 30k miles it is practically brand new.

he wants the dodge cause its bigger than a mustang gt, and this corvete is a lot smaler

he wants the dodge cause its bigger than a mustang gt, and this corvete is a lot smaler

Well if people are going to be sitting in the back seat a lot then he should just go with a sedan. If your friends are going in the back of a coupe then I hope they are all 5' or shorter :biggrin:

I've seen the handling. It's pretty bad, but not catastrophic. Depending on how it is (test driving this week), it'll be for drags, tracks, or simply street driving. If it's really that bad, then we're going for a Camaro.

Handling is pretty bad, but not on the SRT8! Lolol... Just have to convince him to get the SRT8 with the adaptive suspension(2012 has it, not sure about the 2011, But why get the 2011 when the 2012 has 470hp/470lb/ft and the 2011 has only 420/425!)

Camaro has better leg room in the back of the car, but even less head room. So you'll find that's not a very good option either. Challenger does have a ton of room though!

We'd get the SRT8 if we could afford it. :lol: As for the corvette, that's a no, it's far too small. We're going to test drive the Challenger R/T this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.

The 2 back seats won't be used very often, but we need them to be there. We occasionally have 3 people in the car, so a 2 seater isn't going to work. As for a sedan, if there was anything similar to a Mustang GT, I'd go for that, but there's not. Don't say Subaru STI, they cost a fortune.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Well if for some reason you go back to looking at the stang here are some tips. X plan pricing is nice but not great. If you seriously haggle you can still get some off. I was able to walk out with a v6 stang with performance package for 24 including tax and tags. There not discounting the new stangs a lot because from what i've heard there not making the greatest margin on them, especially on the v6's. Oh yea and you can also get xplan pricing if you have ford stock. Anyways, the challenger isn't the greatest handling since its a tank but man they look great. Haha you should tell your dad to go for a cts-v for a nice sedan.

I'd go for the CTS-V as well, but have you seen the price?! The Challenger seems to be the best blend of looks, room, and power. How much ford stock do I need to have for x-plan pricing? How does that work?

haha yea I was just messing with u with the v. But hey you can dream lol.

I'm not sure but I think you need a 100 shares of ford stock or more for at least a certain period of time. You call ford stock relations and request an xplan pin and they send it to you after a couple days after submitting proof of stock ownership.

There's a better way to get an x-plan pin. :lol: Sign up on the mustang club of America, membership is 50 bucks a year (only 1 year is needed), and they can generate a pin for you. Cheaper, and easier.

if money is the main issue, you should test drive the hyundai genesis coupe

at least go watch a video on youtube if you do not know what it is

I know its an import and your dad will not like it, but test driving cars is usually free

there is no better value for 25,000$ that I can think of and I have owned many sports cars, including a mustang

I guess almost going bankrupt and being bought out by the japanese changes things

Ford has really got their act together, but I dont think their pricing is inline with reality yet, I personally hate haggling

if money is the main issue, you should test drive the hyundai genesis coupe

at least go watch a video on youtube if you do not know what it is

I know its an import and your dad will not like it, but test driving cars is usually free

there is no better value for 25,000$ that I can think of and I have owned many sports cars, including a mustang

I guess almost going bankrupt and being bought out by the japanese changes things

Ford has really got their act together, but I dont think their pricing is inline with reality yet, I personally hate haggling

I know exactly what you mean, but I don't think I could cope knowing it's a 4 pot turbo. :teehee: And even the v6, if I wanted a v6, I'd get a V6 mustang. They're cheaper than the genesis, look much better in my opinion, and are faster (to 60 at least, not sure about a track).