Do I need a tablet?

Stonerboy779

You also need to consider something like a nook color or the upcoming amazon tablet. If you put Gingerbread on one it becomes a great little tablet for the money. It's not as full featured as an Ipad or a Transformer, but it's also half the cost.

Edited by TheHippi

I disagree with that op. I have a laptop, desktop, digital photo frames. I've used the iphone and android's but I'll tell you what. The one thing I always use everyday is my ipad. reading smartphone screens all day is annoying, and bulky laptops are pain if you just want to relax and surf the web or listen to music. I admit no one really needs a tablet but no one really needs any electronics. If I'm playing a game or doing something intensive like video editing I'll use my desktop. If i'm on the go I'll use my atrix. If I'm at home or a friends or relatives for a few days I take the ipad over my laptop anymore. Its so light and thin I don't really even notice it when I take it with me. So I would definitely say tablets are useful to some people.

:withstupid: My old lady has a laptop, iphone and ipad. She loves her ipad more than all and uses that most often at home, unless she has to use the laptop for something. But mostly she can do everything on the ipad and it's slicker to use. She just loves it.

I sound like an apple fan boy but that things IS cool :teehee:

Completely off topic, but why are no good tablets that use a piezoelectric touchscreen? Everytime a see a tablet that uses a fat capacitive stylus I just :pfp: because piezoelectric touchscreens can use normal styluses but can also do multitouch. It's maddening because I want a tablet that I can easily write on.

Edited by TheHippi

Completely off topic, but why are no good tablets that use a piezoelectric touchscreen? Everytime a see a tablet that uses a fat capacitive stylus I just :pfp: because piezoelectric touchscreens can use normal styluses but can also do multitouch. It's maddening because I want a tablet that I can easily write on.

I am definately with you on this here, which is what stops me entering the tablet market at the current time.

I love how some people in this place take . way to seriously. It was ment to be entertaining!

Everyone is kind of agressive on this topic :lol: haha

If you read the bits in brackets it is higlighting things to extreams.

Personally my favorite bit is the Moleskin and pen :happy:

I am not closed to the idea of a tablet but want people to also consider what else is out there that can adress their needs. There is no need to go out and buy whatever tablet to perform functions they already have with other devices they own or for one specific aspect that is performed either better or far cheaper on another device.

Also those that are promoting the iPad it doesn't make you a fanboy nessacerily no need to keep saying you aren't one. The iPad is a wonderful little peice of tech that however is no for me due to my own reasons.

Debrut1s said earlier that people should go in and try out some tablets. this advice is good in lots of different aspects of life which are going to involve the changing of hands of considerable amounts of money.