New build, benchmarks, and OCing

casola

i will rerun the tests tonite when i get home from work and post em all, on a side note, do i need to buy the benchmark software? or will the free version work?

Edited by casola

ok i have some results here, but i'm not sure what they mean

Results for 3dmark11 here

Results for Vantage here

is there something wrong? possibly a driver issue or something, or is this about where the results should sit?

Unless I'm mistaken those scores are perfectly normal for your setup. :cheers:

can you post a picture or measurement about how much free space is below your bottom card and the case? if it is smaller than the space between the cards you should think about doing somethin about it.

An ssd is a nice bonus, but not needed for higher fps. I really enjoy using my computer much more since the ssd upgrade though, everything is just instant!

Your motherboard only supports 16x + 4x (Gen 2) Crossfire, so that might hold you back a little. If it had been Gen 1 i would definitely have been worried though, not so much right now.

Also your motherboard has the 770 chipset which is far too old to support bulldozer, so the crossfire limitation will go away when you switch for bulldozer with accompaning motherboard.

@SpeedwayNative: SSDs DECREASE both boot times, and access times, otherwise they would be slower than regular HDDs ;)