Best OC yet on my GTX 570!

MJCRO

OC @ 1.2v [GPU-Z reported voltage @ 1.188v] EVGA GTX 570 Classified @ 975/1950/2430 thumbsup3.gif

Now I'm content, lol. This card could probably over a 1G+ but that would most def. require some LN or dry ice. teehee.gif

Capture-12.jpg

Damn, that's very nice. I'm jelly... though I never tried going that high in voltages.

On a reference 570, this would have popped the VRM's in a min. but since this one has 6+1 like the 580, it can't handle even more if it could do 1.2+ teehee.gif

Nice OC mate, wish I could get my voltage that high but it's locked on me and ceebs bothering to unlock it further.

My benchmarking OC 1002/1200/2004 at 1087mV

My default clocks 925/1050/1850 at 1025mV

And stable just long enough to run furmark preset 720p bench 1010/1200/2020 also at 1087mV which my two 560s cap out at.

But if I could unlock everything and get your kind of voltage or really even just 1.1v I could run 1010/1200/2020 stable 24/7

What are you load temps with this OC btw?

I literally raised the max voltage table to 1.212v, everything else is stock on my card, load temps were around 65C w/ 100% fans. Use Fermi BIOS Editor and NVFlash, theirs a tutorial on Guru3D foruma, just google it! :)

So I see that you use MSI Afterburner instead of EVGA's precision ...did you have to tweak anything to get it to work right or does it work on any card as is?

Once I flashed the BIOS on the card, and raised the max voltage table, opened up Afterburner and went right from 1.1v max I went up to 1.2v! thumbsup3.gif

Edited by MJCRO

Ok.. thanks! Exactly what i needed to know.

- Awesome OC, MJCRO

- Awesome Guide, El_Cap

Sounds like the advantage to flashing the BIOS is unlocking the volts, yes? If so then what is the advantage to using MSI Afterburner over EVGA Precision?

Ok.. thanks! Exactly what i needed to know.

- Awesome OC, MJCRO

- Awesome Guide, El_Cap

Sounds like the advantage to flashing the BIOS is unlocking the volts, yes? If so then what is the advantage to using MSI Afterburner over EVGA Precision?

Their is no voltage control in Precision. I like the OSD controls in Afterburner better anyway. biggrin.gif

Not sure about EVGA Presicion as I have never used it. But, one of my favorite things about Afterburner is the custom fan profile!

Very nice OC though MJ :thumbsup:

Same but unfortunately my profile only holds and works about 50% of the time. But even if my fans stick at 20% after an hour of folding temps don't reach 70C

Mjcro can you post some before and after benchmarks: vantage, 3dmark 11 and 06, unigin and furmark.