I think I just dropped out of college today.

GabrielT

And just for reference, CS degrees typically go nowhere near circuits and electronics, save for an elective or two.

It depends on the program, the CS degree I was original in, focused a lot on that stuff...

Thanks for all the responses guys :D

I think I will just take the year off. Part of the reason I left is my grandpa past away the day before and I just couldn't think. I just wanted to get away from everything.

I would much rather put together servers and crap then program, I like being able to touch what I am doing.

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, mine past away only a few months before I got my first degree. I was pretty torn up about it. We were really close, but I still managed to pull through it somehow because I knew that he wanted me to succeed where he couldn't.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather mine was like a father to me and I was like a son to him since they had 3 daughters I was ready to beat the crap outta the doctor and anyone else that got in my way I went insane for about 2 days and nearly went to jail to this day there is a decent dent in the elevator door I punched minutes after his passing

I was almost the same way man. The freaking doctors told us it was a routine procedure and that he would be fine. I was so pissed off that I isolated myself from everyone for almost a week after that. I really wanted to give that POS doctor a piece of my mind...

Edited by greengiant912

It depends on the program, the CS degree I was original in, focused a lot on that stuff...

That's fair I suppose. The CS majors at my school did nothing with that sort of stuff aside from maybe some basic introductions on what is in a computer. CS was more focused on theory and algorithms and programming.

That's fair I suppose. The CS majors at my school did nothing with that sort of stuff aside from maybe some basic introductions on what is in a computer. CS was more focused on theory and algorithms and programming.

Yeah, circuits and electronics are typically for EE (Electrical Engineering), not CS, which still usually requires a programming course or two.

And what are Computers?

To know all about the internals of a computer and how all the components work and knowing all the algorithms and theory and such would be too much to fit into one major. That is why there is EE and CS. Computer engineering is more of a middle ground as I have found.

I went to college right out of High School in 2001. I dropped out in 2002.

Do not go until you are ready. I am now just going back 10 years later. I took the CS program as well and I hated it.

I am now taking Computer Networking. So far I enjoy it.

Like people have said above though, if your not ready for College take time off until you feel you are ready to go.

If your not ready then your going to get Horrible Grades. While you still may pass the class. Your GPA might end up sucking donkey balls by the time you graduate.

While the Degree is important, your GPA is also very important to some employers.

Don't let people pressure you into doing something your not ready to do. It's not worth it.. Trust me on this.

If your not ready then your going to get Horrible Grades. While you still may pass the class. Your GPA might end up sucking donkey balls by the time you graduate.

While the Degree is important, your GPA is also very important to some employers.

A lot of companies won't even consider you if your GPA is less than 3.0. I remember looking for companies at the RIT career fair and Nvidia had a minimum 3.6 GPA for example.

i went through college for network engineering bored off my butt for a couple years got a good job in my field andd ended up hating it worse than hitler. but i stuck it out made money and now i flip homes for a living and couldnt be happier. everything ends up taking its course man and no education is a waste

A couple of Cisco classes taught me that networking wasn't the thing for me. I'm surprised you made it all the way through. XD

Not to knock anyone who likes it, but to be honest it's boring. Also repetitive. I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't really find it challenging at all and after a couple of classes decided it wasn't for me.