Best 120mm LED fan

Owenisbad

Fair enough to be honest I am running 8 120mm silent LED fans in my case purely because i could get 2 packs of them for $11 and a single 140mm cost $12.

But with idle temps of 20-25 and load temps of 40-45 cpu and 50-55 gpu (60+ furmark :erm:) I am pretty happy.

Your load temps are my idle temps :haha:

I wish I could get pc parts that cheap here, I paid £7 for the sickleflow.

Your load temps are my idle temps :haha:

I wish I could get pc parts that cheap here, I paid £7 for the sickleflow.

Ouch that sucks I thought my prices were high based off of usa

I love my temps made possible by a little modding and asus DCII cooling

They are great but I would agree probably louder I find it funny that newegg says the 140mm silents are 16db 60cfm I would peg them at 19db.

Very true about the mod... probably like this you mean

Stonerboy7791313388093IMG_0391-JPG.jpg

It was a 430 elite....

Man... that case has come a long way from a 430 elite... That looks great!

The earlier mentioned Temps are awesome too, im pretty jealous. My i7-930 says "LAWL TEMPS, WUT? HIGHER BETTER RITE?" cool2.gif

Man Stoner, that 430 Elite is BA! I have one as well, and it started crying when it saw the pic of yours ;)

If i wasn't currently 100km+ from it right now I would upload a nice hi-res of it. Help you cry a little more ;)

Oh and in the middle that bright blue spot if two 120mm fans stacked screwed together :teehee:

Then the clips I had to add a second fan to my 212+ were screwed to the fans and it has been cable tied to the HDD rack. Providing a 10C drop in temp for my graphics cards because it pulls air in from the front providing a far better flow through the case. Normally something which is quite poorly done in the 430, with the rack and psu cables.

Oh an op any chance you get to do a little modding to your case will make you feel great about it making it so personal. Plus being able to watch clock speeds go up and up while temps keep plumeting is great :happy:

Edited by Stonerboy779

I know it bucks the trend but I absolutely hated the Sickleflow fans I had (120mm red LED version). They didn't move much air at all if there was even a moderate amount of restriction in front of them and on top of that they had a pretty annoying whine when run at full speed.

I'd buy pretty much anything else over them.

If i wasn't currently 100km+ from it right now I would upload a nice hi-res of it. Help you cry a little more ;)

Oh and in the middle that bright blue spot if two 120mm fans stacked screwed together :teehee:

Then the clips I had to add a second fan to my 212+ were screwed to the fans and it has been cable tied to the HDD rack. Providing a 10C drop in temp for my graphics cards because it pulls air in from the front providing a far better flow through the case. Normally something which is quite poorly done in the 430, with the rack and psu cables.

Oh an op any chance you get to do a little modding to your case will make you feel great about it making it so personal. Plus being able to watch clock speeds go up and up while temps keep plumeting is great :happy:

Your case looks amazing! I'd be happy to take on a project if you guys could give me some ideas, just bare in mind I have absolutely no skill :P

I know it bucks the trend but I absolutely hated the Sickleflow fans I had (120mm red LED version). They didn't move much air at all if there was even a moderate amount of restriction in front of them and on top of that they had a pretty annoying whine when run at full speed.

I'd buy pretty much anything else over them.

Oh dear :lol: I guess I'll just have to see how I like it when it arrives, I can always send it back if it is as bad as you say.

I can always send it back if it is as bad as you say.

For a case fan they are all right - I just hated the whine they made at full speed. Like others have said they do quiet down pretty quickly on a fan controller.

Don't expect them to move a lot of air on a heatsink unless it's relatively low resistance. When I had a pair of them on my old radiator (which has pretty tight fins) they barely moved any air at all. I have one left and it's on my HTPC heatsink which has pretty wide spacing between the fins so it works okay (it's also set to run very slowly).