Overclocking with MSI 785GTM-E45

Alejoss!

Ah, I thought you had the Hyper 212+.

not yet, i'm planning on buying it :D but i'm learning for now, not overdoing it :3

because, in one of my first posts here, someone said that my motherb was'nt capable of reaching 4ghz or even 3.8ghz so i wanted to try that

Edited by Alejoss!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not yet, i'm planning on buying it :D but i'm learning for now, not overdoing it :3

because, in one of my first posts here, someone said that my motherb was'nt capable of reaching 4ghz or even 3.8ghz so i wanted to try that

Wow the stock cooler is awesome! Yeah what he said, see how high you can get. When you get the 212+ you'll be pretty much done overclocking it haha

Wow the stock cooler is awesome! Yeah what he said, see how high you can get. When you get the 212+ you'll be pretty much done overclocking it haha

I have news!!!... I think my motherboard died :D!! I guess i push it too hard, i just hope my cpu survived u.u

I have news!!!... I think my motherboard died :D!! I guess i push it too hard, i just hope my cpu survived u.u

Ugh...why didn't I see this sooner. That board is DEFINITELY not capable of running a 6 core CPU (especially not overclocked).

It only has 4 phase power (might even be 3 phase...) and has NO VRM cooling...it's a definite death sentence to run a 6 core fully loaded especially if overclocked. :(

If it makes you feel any better it's extremely likely your CPU is just fine along with your RAM and other parts.

Consult this list before buying a new board: http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherboards/946407-amd-motherboard-vrm-information-list.html#post12462681

Edited by Waco

Ugh...why didn't I see this sooner. That board is DEFINITELY not capable of running a 6 core CPU (especially not overclocked).

It only has 4 phase power and has NO VRM cooling...it's a definite death sentence to run a 6 core fully loaded especially if overclocked. :(

If it makes you feel any better it's extremely likely your CPU is just fine along with your RAM and other parts.

Consult this list before buying a new board: http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherboards/946407-amd-motherboard-vrm-information-list.html#post12462681

And what do you think? Only my mobo died... Or... T_T should i be digging a hole?

It only has 4 phase power (might even be 3 phase...) and has NO VRM cooling...it's a definite death sentence to run a 6 core fully loaded especially if overclocked. :(

I'm surprised it clocked as well as it did before it gave up the ghost though, but I knew it was too good to be true :rolleyes:

yes haha we got overexcited i guess.... I wish i could get my hands on a crosshair formula, but my option is this one www.pckernelshop.com/html/partespc/890gx.html

That board also only has 3 phase power...

Really?! How do you know that? u.u so, is the crosshair or nothing?

Click on the link I posted a few posts back - there are lists for each manufacturer with the number of phases and whether or not they are heatsinked.

If you're overclocking a Thuban I wouldn't try it with a cheap board - get something with 8 phase CPU power (8+2 in the charts) to avoid blowing your motherboard.