OCing 2600k cant reach 4.5ghz

bvuong

Hello!

I'm trying to oc my i7-2600k but every time i do so using the easy method of just clicking "extreme" where it overclocks to 4.2 to 4.5ghz i'll bsod after 5 to 10 minutes, my temperature is fine i'm using p67 sabertooth motherboard 8gb corsair dominators, sapphire hd 6970 and i cant get to a stable overclock.

Hello!

I'm trying to oc my i7-2600k but every time i do so using the easy method of just clicking "extreme" where it overclocks to 4.2 to 4.5ghz i'll bsod after 5 to 10 minutes, my temperature is fine i'm using p67 sabertooth motherboard 8gb corsair dominators, sapphire hd 6970 and i cant get to a stable overclock.

If you're dead set on using that "extreme" setting then loosen your RAM timings and see if that helps.

However, since you have a 2600K you could just loosen those timings a bit, up your multiplier until you get instability, give it some voltage, try upping the multi again, and once you have your desired OC then tighten the RAM timings to where they will run stable.

oh sorry, i thought it showed on the left i am running

8gb 2x4 corsair dominator ram

p67 sabertooth asus motherboard

corsair h50

64gb kingston ssd

1tb WD caviar black

sapphire hd 6970

nzxt phantom

corsair hx800 psu

creative xtremegamer x-fi sound card

with those specs you should be seeing higher OCs than you are. I would highly suggest reading some sandy bridge OCing guides because it sounds like the methods you are using are not going to give you any stability.

Wow man you have pretty much the exact same setup as I do except I have the Corsair H80 and 16gb of g.skill ripjaws. I've new to OCing if you got it figured out please let me know the specs or values for everything...I cant seem to find any that work