New Over clock

Also I read something about how you need to make sure that the fan control speed for the CPU needs to be changed to fully power or something like that....in other words not let the CPU control it bc it is not a fan... how do I do this?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andy - I'm assuming that the fan on the Hydro is connected to a motherboard fan header? Specifically the CPU fan header?

If so, most newer motherboards have a BIOS option to control the cpu fan speed. Some allow you to just set it and forget it (i.e. smart fan etc. or something similar) or possibly choose a percentage (i.e. 25%, 50% 100% etc). The exact location of the setting depends largely on the motherboard brand and BIOS revision. Poke around in your BIOS and you'll find it. A lot of times it in power options or hardware monitoring. Once you find it the correct value is "always on" or "100%" or something along those lines.

Now all I need help with is getting my CPU up to 4.5ghz....any advice?

Click on one of my sig links... also, flash your BIOS to the latest for better overclocking stability (beta BIOS 1850 is working fine for me).

Andy,

I just downloaded and browsed through your user manual. See page 3-24 for explanations of fan settings and instructions on adjusting.

I read that and set it to maual then changes the values to 20 for upper and lower temp and 100% for each duty cycle but it doesnt seem to make much of a difference....did I do this right?

Thanks I really appreciate all the help guys! Also wevsspot are you from Arkansas? I live in Jonesboro.

Yes sir. I am in NWA. Rogers/Bentonville area.

Hey what are all that values and stuff I need to change and to what exactly to get the i-7 2600k to 4.5ghz...I cant seem to find them anywhere.

See post #5 from El_Capitan. He has a great guide for overclocking the 2500K/2600K processors. That should tell you everything you need to know. The guide is attached to a link in his sig.

I read that and set it to maual then changes the values to 20 for upper and lower temp and 100% for each duty cycle but it doesnt seem to make much of a difference....did I do this right?

Check cpu fan rpm and tell me what it is.

Yes sir. I am in NWA. Rogers/Bentonville area.

See post #5 from El_Capitan. He has a great guide for overclocking the 2500K/2600K processors. That should tell you everything you need to know. The guide is attached to a link in his sig.

hahahah small world! I looked at his post but I didnt really understand it... I saw my mother board and all this stuff but I didnt get how to do all of it to get 4.5 ghz

lol Yeah your telling me man! What about the thermal paste that came with the hydro? Now all I need help with is getting my CPU up to 4.5ghz....any advice?

I would use the paste that came with it. It probably going to be better then the intel stuff.