Is Diamond a good brand?

well i was going to buy a 6870 a few weeks ago but decided id save a little more. so now i have $300 and i found this 6950 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103181 its reference so it can be unlocked to 6970 shaders. i never heard of diamond before so i dont know if i should buy this card or not. atm thats the only reference 6950 i can find.

Yup is still around waiting to see what they are going to do with the BFG name. I wonder if they will start being a dual company.

They bought BFG? I thought BFG just went under, didn't think anyone bought it. Man, BFG was awesome back in the day. First video card company to offer lifetime warranties (now they're much more common), and they meant it! I sent back my 6800GT that got fried when my watercooling failed (took off the waterblock and put back on their block, of course), and they didn't even question it....received a 7800GT in return (since the 6800GT was no longer produced).

They bought BFG? I though BFG just went under, didn't think anyone bought it. Man, BFG was awesome back in the day. First video card company to offer lifetime warranties (now they're much more common), and they meant it! I sent back my 6800GT that got fried when my watercooling failed (took off the waterblock and put back on their block, of course), and they didn't even question it....received a 7800GT in return (since the 6800GT was no longer produced).

:cheers:

All my nvidia cards I've ever had have been BFG, I will miss them :(

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Diamond is a good company but I'd get this 6950 for $250: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161372

though, what is your resolution??

my res is 1920x1080. im torn between two different things i was thinking of getting a 6950 and a storm enforcer with its stock fans or a 6870 and get 4 fans for my enforcer to put 2 on the top and 2 on my h50. at 1080p is it worth egtting the 6950 over the 6870? or should i just get the 6870 and crossfire in the future if i need extra performance?

alright thanks for the help guys so ill get either the 560 or 6870 pretty soon im leaning towards 6870 only because they have some awesome aftermarket coolers on most of them.