Looking for a new better CPU cooler

AeroZ

Hi,

I'd like to change out my current Thermaltake Mini Typhoon cooler for something newer and better so that I could use it for another few years.

First choice would be Noctua NH-U9B SE2 $80

And second choice would be Cooler Master Hyper N520 $60

Is the Noctua cooler worth the extra 20 bucks or I'm better off with the CM one?

Thanks!

Edited by AeroZ

I last used a Noctua NH-D14, which is a little different than the one you are looking at. The quality was the best I have ever seen in a heatsink. Even the packaging was amazing. Fans were very quiet. All was easy to install. It was humongous and I am accustomed to big coolers. Noctua costs a little more but may be worth it for quality and quiet. I've never used a Hyper. Either would do the job but I would buy Noctua again.

Hi,

I'd like to change out my current Thermaltake Mini Typhoon cooler for something newer and better so that I could use it for another few years.

First choice would be Noctua NH-U9B SE2 $80

And second choice would be Cooler Master Hyper N520 $60

Is the Noctua cooler worth the extra 20 bucks or I'm better off with the CM one?

Thanks!

I have the ub9 se running on my i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz and temps are 29c at idle and mid to late 50's in prime 95, epic cooler for it's size.

Unbelievable price for a solid cooler.

Fry's has the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ for only $24.99, but wait!!! There's more!!! Fry's is also offering a $10 mail-in rebate. The rebate states that today is the last day for qualifying purchases, so if you want in on the deal - do it now.

A CM Hyper 212 + for only $14.99 plus shipping/handling, after rebate, is a pretty sweet deal.

Noctuas are excellent coolers, I can promise you that. Just depends on whether or not you're willing to spend the dough. I can't speak for the Cooler Master N520, I've done a review on the N620 and it was potent for its size.

buying a noctua is a really dumb idea unless you plan to push a maximum air cooled overclock or don't own an air conditioner

considering you have a Q6600, you should probably save some money for a new processor next year

buying a noctua is a really dumb idea unless you plan to push a maximum air cooled overclock or don't own an air conditioner

considering you have a Q6600, you should probably save some money for a new processor next year

there is always one in the crowd....