Best headset for gaming

_Blackened

What? :)

wevs you are not helping the matter :P

haha anyways, I own the Turtle Beach HPA2 headset (true 5.1 version) and the surround sound is actually quite impressive in some games. I haven't played CS so I cannot comment on that game but they certainly help in BFBC2 and COD. The best part is they sound way better than the Koss studio headphones my dad owns. Very punchy bass with clear mids and highs. Apparently they have a wireless version now but it is very expensive.

A good Asus Xonar soundcard will do more for you than any headset will though, solely for the improved clarity and performance boost.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wevs you are not helping the matter :P

haha anyways, I own the Turtle Beach HPA2 headset (true 5.1 version) and the surround sound is actually quite impressive in some games. I haven't played CS so I cannot comment on that game but they certainly help in BFBC2 and COD. The best part is they sound way better than the Koss studio headphones my dad owns. Very punchy bass with clear mids and highs. Apparently they have a wireless version now but it is very expensive.

A good Asus Xonar soundcard will do more for you than any headset will though, solely for the improved clarity and performance boost.

The TB HPA2 is considered one of the best headsets out. My carchs are close, but the HPA2 beats it in directionality, as it's actually a 5.1 headset, vs. my stereo carchs with Simulated Surround Sound.

I wish I could get my Xtremegamer working. I HATE having integrated audio :(

SO I received the Sennheiser PC 360 headset, purchased thanks to a recommendation in this thread, and they are very comfortable and light which was my main concern. They do not get hot; they breath well, and also sound exceptionally good. I would recommend them, of course I have not tried other high end gaming headsets so I have no points of comparison.

Both you guys, what? Its easy to read :lol: Just take em of every half hour so ur ears get fresh air... bacteria!

I played Sc2 for 4 hours last night without my headset leaving my head :)

I also didn't eat or drink, but I DID get up to take a bathroom break.

Those PC360s look really nice, but too expensive for a headset to me. I've got the HD555s with a $10 Zalman clip on mic. Works great.

That's been a great setup for several years, but it's starting to show it's age. The HD595 is only $50 more, and in that area you start to run into other great competitors (DT770, Grado SR125i, etc.). At the $100 point, Razer Carcharias for headset, and Grado SR80i for headphones (as well as Sony MDR-V6).

Certainly still a solid setup though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i am using samsumg galaxy i think galaxy is one of the best gaming headset....i also used nokia c7 this hand set is also best gaming headset....

I'm going to leave this alone, for the fear that I get banned for my response.