Best headset for gaming

_Blackened

Hey guys, i was looking into getting a new headset, i feel like my current one isn't performing. I currently have the Razer Carcharias and i can't hear many footsteps (I'm into competitive cs:s and just a sound whore.)

I am looking to spend sub $120, maybe a little over if it's actually worth it.

So far these have caught my eyes but i don't know which is better as i don't know much about headsets.

SteelSeries Siberia V2

Logitech G35

Corsair HS1

Is it worth upgrading from what i have to any of these? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: forgot to add that i am in Australia so i would will be in aus dollars from that website :)

Edited by _Blackened

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the SS Siberia V2 (white) Headphones and I thought they sounded great! The bass response was pretty incredible for a headset.

I sadly cannot tell you how well they would work in CS though. I only used them to play WoW and Listen to music.

I can tell you they are very comfy but they can get a bit hot. (make the inside of your ears feel like they are sweating) Due to the hugeness of the earmuff part.

I never really got to test the mic on them either. I did like the fact that the mic was retractable though. I would definitely buy them again though. (maybe not white though. White is cool.. but it does not look cool when you have a huge bulky looking headset on your face lol)

I use the Siberia headset you mention for CS/CS:S and they sound amazing. I almost got banned from CAL/CEVO back in the day when I switched to them. Some team disputed my play in a match and it was because they thought I was wall hacking. Truth is, I could just hear them coming so pre-firing corners was really easy. I would highly recommend these for CS/CS:S. I paired mine with an Audigy II from way back in the day and it still sounds awesome :)

Ah rightio, do you think i would see an improvement going to the Siberia V2 headset?

I was also told that the Roccat Kave was really good.

@Psy; I'm sure if it worked well in WoW, it will do great in CS:s :P

I use the Siberia headset you mention for CS/CS:S and they sound amazing. I almost got banned from CAL/CEVO back in the day when I switched to them. Some team disputed my play in a match and it was because they thought I was wall hacking. Truth is, I could just hear them coming so pre-firing corners was really easy. I would highly recommend these for CS/CS:S. I paired mine with an Audigy II from way back in the day and it still sounds awesome

ahhhh that's what i am looking for :teehee:

Thanks for the help so far!

I have the non usb version of the Siberia and I must say its one of the most comfy headsets I have had. It sits tight on my head, doesn't slide much, but still feels very comfy. The G35 keeps sliding on my head and feels really awkward to use, might just be my had shape though.

One problem with my Siberia, after 1 year and a couple of months the microphone gave up, oddly enough after listening to music really loud :/ (Some of the copper wires are desoldered so the mic doesn't work anymore)

Consider a Razer headset.

I have Razer Orcas (headphones) and I hear that their headset is of the same quality. And I freaking love these headphones.

I have a Razer headset at the moment :) i just was looking into something new and wondering if i could get better performance. Is there any other advice i could get?

So far i am thinking the Siberia though i don't know if its worth improving.

Would i see an improvement if i buy a soundcard instead?

Edited by _Blackened

I have tried a few opf these high end sets and still find my Plantronic Gamecons equal to them all at less than half the price.

None of the headsets listed were "High End". They're more mid-range, if anything. Try a pair of Beyerdynamic MMX 300 or even Sennheiser PC360, and you'll realize that Gamecons just aren't on the same level.

Consider a Razer headset.

I have Razer Orcas (headphones) and I hear that their headset is of the same quality. And I freaking love these headphones.

Glad to see that you like them. :)

Razer Orca is slightly better than my Razer Carcharias, sound wise, but it's lacking a mic. (I have a hard time telling the difference, I'll admit)

I have a Razer headset at the moment :) i just was looking into something new and wondering if i could get better performance. Is there any other advice i could get?

So far i am thinking the Siberia though i don't know if its worth improving.

Would i see an improvement if i buy a soundcard instead?

What headset do you have right now? My favorite sub-$100 headsets are the Steelseries Siberia V2, but the Razer Carcharias (Which I have/use daily for several hours) are the best sounding. The Siberias are just more comfortable.

Other headsets to look out for:

Turtle Beach HPA2 (5.1 surround sound, with various cables that can make them fit your needs. There's 4 variations, I think, ranging from true 5.1 to Dolby Simulated Surround)

Steelseries Neckband

Steelseries 7H (Liked for it's isolation, not so much for it's sound quality)

Sennheiser PC350