Is the Thermalright 120 extreme still one of the best air coolers?

How well does the Thermalright 120 extreme work? Is it still one of the best air coolers out there? I need something for a 2600K and 920, thanks.

The Thermaltake Frio and Frio OCK are both nive if you just want air cooling. However I would look at an enclosed liquid kit like the Antec 620 or Corsair H60.

the Ultra 120 is still a very good cooler. The best air out there right are the likes of the Silver Arrow,D-14, Archon,

enclosed loop water, the Antec KUHLER H2O 920 is sitting atop.

I have used all of the above for my own use and customer builds. if you are trying max out on air cooling , I recommend the Thermalright Silver Arrow 3/fan ( read the memory height and dimm portion of the reviews) *** we are talking a scant 1c+/- difference BTW

as always....my 2 cents :)

Edited by red1776

Thanks for the replies. I have 2 systems with the corsair H50's and was planning on purchasing the H70 for my new build. I have just read too many horror stories lately of them leaking, so I an thinking about the air route.

Is that 920 an AMD chip or the i7?? if i7 you should get a beefy cooler (unless you aren't overclocking it)

Frio OCK is the best air cooler for the money with a hot chip and the 2600K can easily be pleased by an H50 or A70.

Is that 920 an AMD chip or the i7?? if i7 you should get a beefy cooler (unless you aren't overclocking it)

Frio OCK is the best air cooler for the money with a hot chip and the 2600K can easily be pleased by an H50 or A70.

It is the i7 920, thanks for pointing out the Frio. I have never seen that, it is a monster.