Hello everyone, i need an advice

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1GB? I guess lol, you can't really change that value unless you're referring to shared Vram

I meant the memory voltage Lol. What value should i set it to?

Also should i try to achieve 3.8ghz knowing that i got a stable 3.6ghz @ 1.16v and 58 max temp?

Ty for your answers!

Factory spec memory voltage should be printed on the label affixed to the memory module. The label should show the 4 primary memory timings and recommend memory voltage. If the label is missing, give us the part number of the memory and we can look it up.

As for further overclocking of your processor, that's up to you. 3.8Ghz at reasonable voltages isn't usually a problem for most any E8400. Max load temps are the constraint though.

What temperatures are unsafe?

Also it says 1.8v on my memory stick is that what i should set it to? (everest gives this info : DIMM1: Kingston 2G-UDIMM 2 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-18 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz))

Yep, manually set the memory voltage to 1.80v

That just helps make sure that the setting "sticks"

Temps? - I had an E8400 on a DFI board (3.8Ghz) that ran 71C under load in the summer months for almost two years before I sold it. To my knowledge it's still plugging away.

Yep, manually set the memory voltage to 1.80v

That just helps make sure that the setting "sticks"

Temps? - I had an E8400 on a DFI board (3.8Ghz) that ran 71C under load in the summer months for almost two years before I sold it. To my knowledge it's still plugging away.

Thanks a lot sir! And thanks to everyone I feel that i have a very stable 3.6ghz but now i wanna try 3.8ghz on stock cooling :P I,ll let ya guys know if i have any questions! Thanks again!

PS: i still feel my gtx 460 is bottlenecked by the cpu at 3.6ghz ;(

I have a 460 and believe me if you are running at 3.6 you have no bottle neck if it's running in a 16x pcie slot.

I feel that my pc was way faster when i was on my 9800 gtx xD it may be only an impression, but you are right since i'm at 3.6ghz everything seems at least back to normal, yet i can't play black ops on too good settings as i get good spikes, and bc2 is still super demanding for C2D processors, yet it ran flawlessly or so it felt with my 9800 gtx , but now with the 460GTX it feels a bit slower, also could it be because it's OC'Ed? It's a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 Fermi 760MHZ 1GB 3.6GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI Mini-HDMI PCI-E DX11 Video Card. I'll try 3.8ghz soon when i get my V8 coolermaster cpu cooler this week :P I achieved it on stock but i was reaching the 60 C mark :P I'm scared of heat :P

Well, it would help if you could benchmark the two different video cards with 3DMark, Heaven, Vantage or some other 3D benchmarking program. "Feels" and "Seems" are two very subjective observations. If everything in your rig is set up straight, there isn't any way that your frames per second are lower with the GTX 460 that they were with the 9800gtx. It just isn't possible. Even if your cpu were bottlenecking the GTX 460 your maximum, average and minimum frame rates running the GTX460 will still be well above what you were achieving with the 9800gtx card.

A couple of things to consider;

Are you running the latest graphics card driver from nVidia?

Is your motherboard updated to the latest BIOS revision?

Both of those questions are important to answer. In the case of the motherboard BIOS - I've seen many occasions when an outdated motherboard BIOS affected video card performance, or in some cases wouldn't allow the newest generation video card to work at all.

Now, regarding the nVidia driver version that you're running. I ran twin GTX460 cards in SLi for over a year and found one super stable driver release for my cards, so it's a good driver for baseline performance analysis. If you're running any driver other than version 266.58 either update or roll back to that driver version.

Make sure to uninstall the current driver package (including physx, hd audio drivers etc.) using the Windows uninstall utility. The sweep your system of nVidia drivers using DriverSweeper. Go in and manually delete any remaining nVidia folders on the hard drive and clean your registry of any nVidia entries.

Reboot and install the 266.58 drivers and take things for a spin.

Make sure that you've updated your motherboard BIOS too (if it's not already at the latest revision) before you start any testing.

I havn't updated the bios in forever, so i will i was a few versions behind, as for my nvidia drivers 275.33 (The newest ones). So I'll roll back to 266.58 and let you know if i get any increase in fps. Also the lack of fps only happened in BC2 my computer does perform better for black ops. But not battlefield for some reason.

BFBC2 is a strange bird. That's my favorite title and play it literally 2 hours every day of the week. Sometimes game play is awesome, other times it's just so so and that's running with 2 GTX570 cards. When it comes to BFBC2 there are a lot of other factors that affect how smoothly the game play is.

In addition to updating your m/b bios, and rolling back to a driver revision that always worked great for me. Check out some research on the web regarding BFBC2 jitters, stutters, lags etc. It's a wide spread and widely known problem.

By the way, if you're running Windows 7, the tweak for the Network Throttling Index works for most systems - or at least improves the game play a bit. If you haven't already done it, also edit the BFBC2 .cfg file and make sure to disable HBAO (shown as HSAO in the config file) and also disable bloom.

Change all in game quality settings to medium and go easy on the AA and AF if you're gaming at high resolutions.

If you'd like some guidance on complete performance tweaking of the .cfg file let me know and I can make some recommendations that WILL improve your game play experience in BFBC2.

BFBC2 is a strange bird. That's my favorite title and play it literally 2 hours every day of the week. Sometimes game play is awesome, other times it's just so so and that's running with 2 GTX570 cards. When it comes to BFBC2 there are a lot of other factors that affect how smoothly the game play is.

In addition to updating your m/b bios, and rolling back to a driver revision that always worked great for me. Check out some research on the web regarding BFBC2 jitters, stutters, lags etc. It's a wide spread and widely known problem.

By the way, if you're running Windows 7, the tweak for the Network Throttling Index works for most systems - or at least improves the game play a bit. If you haven't already done it, also edit the .cfg file and make sure to disable HBAO (shown as HSAO in the config file) and also disable bloom.

Change all in game quality settings to medium and go easy on the AA and AF if you're gaming at high resolutions.

If you'd like some guidance on complete performance tweaking of the .cfg file let me know and I can make some recommendations that WILL improve your game play experience in BFBC2.

Definitively will, as for the drivers the 266.58 are giving me a lot of issues. So i will roll back to the newest ones as they gave me better performance. I have very awkward lag while running around, i would see myself past a door and it would roll me back to the entrance, ping is @ 16 ms :P so i doubt it's a lag issue looked graphical. Also my loading times went up exponentially in black ops. Took me about 3 times the usual time it takes me to join a game. Rolling back to the latest update and will test again.