Prime95 test

I ran prime 95 after i overclocked my cpu (AMD Phenom x4 BE 3.4ghz) to 3.8ghz at stock voltage, it was fine yesterday when i ran it but today the 4th core had an error any idea why this might have happened?

I ran prime 95 after i overclocked my cpu (AMD Phenom x4 BE 3.4ghz) to 3.8ghz at stock voltage, it was fine yesterday when i ran it but today the 4th core had an error any idea why this might have happened?

I've had the same sort of thing happen. It can take a while for prime95 to find that your OC is unstable. On a slightly unstable OC it can error at 4 hours sometimes and 12 hours at others etc. How long did your run it for yesterday and today? Many people here like to do 12+ hours to ensure stability. Increase your voltage a bit and try it again.

If it was good for many hours yesterday, and then found an error after only a few minutes today, then that would be a bigger problem.

Edited by 90sgamer

If you pass 3 hrs, you should be good for gaming and all others.......... Even at 3 days on prime95 an error can show up. There is no test that will deem 100% stable but the longer you run it, the chances your stable are better..... Stability is defined much differently amongst us overclockers.

• 4 months later...