Another Dragon rebuild!

imm0rt41

Yeah. The only trouble is its not worth it in the aspect of weakening the aluminum motherboard tray. Others then that check out the xspc hard drive cage. Its bad to the bone.

Go get you some 1/8th inch countersunk and button head rivets. Out of steel if you can get them. Ace hardware is your friend.

Yeah. The only trouble is its not worth it in the aspect of weakening the aluminum motherboard tray. Others then that check out the xspc hard drive cage. Its bad to the bone.

Go get you some 1/8th inch countersunk and button head rivets. Out of steel if you can get them. Ace hardware is your friend.

That gives me an idea...instead of having the HDD cage up top, why not put it in the bottom in front of the airflow maybe midway back in the case. I plan on having a very large storage setup sometime soon, so I am sure the cooling would be nice. Sadly, that xspc piece is too pricey for me this pay period...maybe I can swing it in two weeks since that wouldn't look bad in the case.

Think 1 240mm would fit up front? I could maybe save the top 3.5 drive bay if I did that...all I would need to do is add some venting in the front of the case. Maybe cut out the smooth parts and fill them with mesh for more of an HAF look. I don't mind losing the second drive bay, really. Just means I would need to rig something up to mount my SSD and my HDD in the 5.25" bays. Money is always tight (since I buy SSDs for no reason :P ) so I don't want to spend too much money outside of the cost for tools. As for cutting metal, well I have a 22 gal air compressor and grinder. This case does not stand a chance mwahahaha

My mind is working, and that is a dangerous thing. Once I get started on something, it usually ends up pretty badass...here's my old race car :P

1993 Del Sol Si

Race prepped, interior only for gf/daily use lol

59814944.jpg

Nice! How many bhp is it putting down?

Nice! How many bhp is it putting down?

As far as my sanctioning body knew it was a stock 1.8L block with a VTEC head...but really it was an 85x89mm block (so about 2.2-2.4L) with forged internals and block girdle that put out about 215hp at the wheels, so like 230-240 bhp. I could spin it up to 10.5k rpm and it would just scream lol. I ran it at the drag strip once for a slip of 13.4, but it was more setup for road racing. I miss this car...wrecked it :P

I could spin it up to 10.5k rpm

Oh my... :P

13.4s is impressive man! so is 240bhp, shame you crashed it :(

I know it's not related to your case at all, but I really want to get something like a 200sx/supra/corolla ae86 eventually :D

Oh my... :P

13.4s is impressive man! so is 240bhp, shame you crashed it :(

I know it's not related to your case at all, but I really want to get something like a 200sx/supra/corolla ae86 eventually :D

I say do it! you only live once lol. Some guy has an AE86 with an S2000 engine in it here in Tucson. The car is an absolute monster!

I say do it! you only live once lol. Some guy has an AE86 with an S2000 engine in it here in Tucson. The car is an absolute monster!

I'm only 16 so I can't even take my test until like 3 months time lol. Even then, It would cost me like £4000 a year just to get insured on a 1.0l corsa so I might be waiting a while :(

If I got a ae86 I'd put a 2jz in it :evilgrin:

I'm only 16 so I can't even take my test until like 3 months time lol. Even then, It would cost me like £4000 a year just to get insured on a 1.0l corsa so I might be waiting a while :(

If I got a ae86 I'd put a 2jz in it :evilgrin:

The ae86 is such a light car though, a 2jz especially if boosted would throw the weight balance off and mess with the handling...I.E. a buttload of oversteer and severe lack of turn in capability. That's what made the guy do the S2K swap...the 250bhp he puts out is more than enough for the tiny ae86 chassis ;)

Your insurance is insane! I paid $600 US for 6 months of coverage in the race car. It was old and the ins company had no idea what was under the hood or anything though lol

Was thinking of modding one of the stock HDD cages to sit on the bottom of the case...I think this will be my best bet in terms of having a solid place to mount my drives without hindering intake fan capability :)

The ae86 is such a light car though, a 2jz especially if boosted would throw the weight balance off and mess with the handling...I.E. a buttload of oversteer and severe lack of turn in capability.
Good point, ah well at least I'll have a long time to rethink it :P

Your insurance is insane!
I know, I hate living in this country sometimes :-/

Was thinking of modding one of the stock HDD cages to sit on the bottom of the case
Sounds good.

Sorry for the lack of updates...ran out of money so I wasn't working on it, but I plan on picking up the holesaw this weekend to cut some fan holes. Then, I think I will make a hard drive cage somehow. Yeah, something like that haha

Can't wait to get this running. It is now 109F outside and it is 6PM. My Smilodon is starting to show its flaws :(

• 2 weeks later...

My SSD showed up today, thanks ajmatson! Looks like I will be reinstalling Win7 tonight haha

I keep forgetting to grab my good drill from my mom's house. It's like 30 miles away and I'm being lazy and have had a lot of crap going on with work lately. I swear I'll put this together eventually!