New CPU Cooler

i was not so long ago helped on this forum to overclock my cpu to 3.5ghz and it has been going great.as it is winter now here my temps are still well in check but in summer time it can get real hot and i dont have AC :(

so im in the market for a better cooler to keep my OC in summer time. the noctua nh-d14 and thermalright silver arrow is the best in the business and i know they are huge and not all ram fit under them but witch one is the best of the two and why do you say so?

cheers

Hey Merc , what your budget in rands maybe I can find you the best cooler ...

I wouldn't go for either of those massive coolers . If your budget is around R1000 then go for the Corsair H70 (you could get you cpu to 4GHz+ easily on that and still be cool)

But theres the Antec Kuhler 620 for around R700 depending on the store , LandmarkPC and Prophecy have the 620 in stock at around R700

Hey Merc , what your budget in rands maybe I can find you the best cooler ...

I wouldn't go for either of those massive coolers . If your budget is around R1000 then go for the Corsair H70 (you could get you cpu to 4GHz+ easily on that and still be cool)

But theres the Antec Kuhler 620 for around R700 depending on the store , LandmarkPC and Prophecy have the 620 in stock at around R700

Hey Nyt

i dont have a specific budget just want to keep my OC in summer time.have read a few quick reviews on the Antec H2O 620 and it does not look bad.is the Corsair H70 that much better to justify the price?

i would say that i am willing to spend up to R1000 as that should be enough to keep my OC.

thanks for the reply guys

It doesnt come out until the end of June so we might have to wait a while for some reviews but I am using the H70 and with my 920 @ 3.8Ghz on hot days here (Oregon 80F) load temps are around 78c so I would think that the H100 would improve at least a little

It doesnt come out until the end of June so we might have to wait a while for some reviews but I am using the H70 and with my 920 @ 3.8Ghz on hot days here (Oregon 80F) load temps are around 78c so I would think that the H100 would improve at least a little

Something looks terribly wrong there , I got 4.158GHz at 1.3375v stable and in a 25C ambiant hit 80C Prime loaded on my H70 :blink:

Hey Nyt

i dont have a specific budget just want to keep my OC in summer time.have read a few quick reviews on the Antec H2O 620 and it does not look bad.is the Corsair H70 that much better to justify the price?

i would say that i am willing to spend up to R1000 as that should be enough to keep my OC.

thanks for the reply guys

The 620 has space for another fan but you would have a hard time trying to find the right screws here in SA .

The H100 would cost over his budget and only arrives in August in South Africa .

Honestly a Antec 620 should handle 3.5Ghz with ease all the way up to 4GHz . The 620 is only a few degrees under the performance of the H70 .

The Antec Kuhler 920 for R1100 is the best though , beats the H70 and you should be able to get 4.2GHz :)

You shoulda posted sooned , I sold my H70 in perfect condition about a week ago for R800 :P