Need advice for buying CPU Cooler

Arjun

One peculiar thing I just noticed. While deleting unwanted files and folders on my USB HDD the temperature suddenly rose from 51 degree Celsius to 63 degree Celsius as I deleted a folder with a few thousand files. No other application was running at that time. Post deletion it took 5 min for the temp to come back to 50 C.Is there something seriously wrong ?

Came out of cool and quiet and overtemped right off the bat.... Dang that's harsh. Yeah, It could be due to the heavy ambient but it should never get that hot. More case fans and A hyper 212+ for you. Make sure that case moves air in and out effectivly and the ambient air is as cold as possible or you will eventually hurt that chip if you have not already.

Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Came out of cool and quiet and overtemped right off the bat.... Dang that's harsh. Yeah, It could be due to the heavy ambient but it should never get that hot. More case fans and A hyper 212+ for you. Make sure that case moves air in and out effectivly and the ambient air is as cold as possible or you will eventually hurt that chip if you have not already.

Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Dont scare me dude Boinker, I cleaned my stock cooler, it was clogged with dust and reapplied Cooler Master Thermal Paste..Now the temperature is 43 C. But my system freezes after few hours of Gaming or Video play. FPS drops to 50 from 300 in Counter Strike:Source. Damn I am worried whether my Processor or Graphic card is damaged or what !!!! Anyway I have ordered H70 and will be arriving today. I pray to god nothing worse happens to my Processor or AGP card. Is there any way to find out the same ? meaning damage already done ?

What? U ordered a H70? U should have took Potatochobit's advice m8. I own a H70 myself you could get a better cpu cooler on air for the price of the H70!

Did you touch ur graphics card when u cleaned ur stock cooler? Does you WHOLE system freeze after a few hours of gaming? or is it just the game? Sounds like a GPU problem, do you have another computer to test the gpu?

Usually the processor isn't to blame for ur computer freezing...

@Potatochobit Yep Texas is really hot right now.. Summer's arrived...

What? U ordered a H70? U should have took Potatochobit's advice m8. I own a H70 myself you could get a better cpu cooler on air for the price of the H70!

Did you touch ur graphics card when u cleaned ur stock cooler? Does you WHOLE system freeze after a few hours of gaming? or is it just the game? Sounds like a GPU problem, do you have another computer to test the gpu?

Usually the processor isn't to blame for ur computer freezing...

@Potatochobit Yep Texas is really hot right now.. Summer's arrived...

Dude I went for the H70 considering its closed loop configuration and some after sales services restrictions in my home town. Noctua is unavailable here. Plus considering the extreme dust accumulation problem if I were to go for an air cooler I would have to clean it every month as the steel fins get totally clogged.

@LuckyDeath: I am pasting the 3DMark 2006 and ATi Catalyst stats.

post-70377-0-75259100-1308805755_thumb.jpg

post-70377-0-53186700-1308805775_thumb.jpg

Finally Corsair H70 FTW !!!!!!!!!! Idle temperature and Load temperature of CPU reduced by 8-9 C and 20 C. Now Idle temp is around 36 and Load temp is max 40. Also added 2 extra fans, 200 mm inlet and 120 mm exhaust respectively.

I think found the reason the why the system used to freeze. One of the processor pins was bent earlier by great pain and effort I managed to straighten it and place it in the socket. Everything is working fine as of now.

Thanks every one for the suggestions and input.