Irratating OC 'problem'

Hi all,

As you can see in my sig i have my Q8300 oc'ed to 3ghz.Whilst playing games,encoding,or just doing general stuff it works with no noticable problems.

All temps are well in check,and it gives me no trouble whatsoever.

However,when i first turn on my pc this is what happens:

Power on- Boots for a few seconds,then turns off.

A few seconds later,it comes back on,and boots into windows fine.

But sometimes it powers off a second time,then it will boot to windows.

What could be causing this? Is it a normal occurence on my board? I have all voltages set to stock,and like i said everything is perfect once im into the OS.Ram is also 1:1 if that matters.

Any input is appreciated,thanks.

How long have you had your PSU? I once put a PSU I knew was iffy in a rig to test another PSU, and it did something similar with the shutting off for a second after turning it on. If pretty much everything else is stock, then I would start there myself.

Yea check the PSU it's possible that it's faulty or that it simply doesn't have enough juice for your set up. 550W isn't that much for today's hardware. Other than that, you might want to run some stress tests on your OC just for good measure so that you know 100% that it's stable and isn't causing the problem or contributing to it.

I have had a power on problem where I would need to power on twice to get into the os. The first attempt would fail in post then the next would pass. I was oc'ing, so one of the settings could cause this to happen. I searched through my oc'ing list of multi, volt, freq, stability test result, bench score, comments that I was recording as I oc'ed to find where exactly this problem occured, but I did not write it down.