prime causes shut down!

Hi all, so I just bought this new h70 and im trying to push my Oc a little bit further, but when im running a small FFT on prime, it reboots my pc after 5 mins or so.

No BSOD, no error message when it loads back into windows, no nothing. Sometimes it manages to run a full test, then when try a blend or a large FFT, boom!! reboot...

any idea on what could it be? hardware failure? unstable OC? head starting to hurts...

(attaching bios settings pic)post-72583-0-84061600-1306713601_thumb.jpg post-72583-0-02955300-1306713637_thumb.jpg

set the windows setting to NOT reboot on BSOD....then it will just blue screen.Most of the time its either ram or PSU issues....

maybe i reach the limit of these cheap ram dims, cuz i really dont think the psu is the problem...

Many things can cause it but I would start with some voltage adjustments and tweaks

Raise the PCIe clock speed to 103Mhz

Bump the IOH volts to 1.25

Drop the VTT to 1.25

Drop the PLL a tad

Bump the vcore a little higher

did you get the 0x00000blahblahblah code from the BSOD??

Nope... :nyea:

Many things can cause it but I would start with some voltage adjustments and tweaksRaise the PCIe clock speed to 103MhzBump the IOH volts to 1.25Drop the VTT to 1.25Drop the PLL a tadBump the vcore a little higher

Will give it a try.

thx for the tips.

EDIT: tried, got a BSOD after 10mins of small FFT, error code = 24. Any idea? Never got that code, maybe a 124, but this is new. :(

Edited by omgfaso

Well you are on the right track since you went from 5 to 10 minutes LOL. Bump the IOH and Vcore up another notch or two and make sure you keep the chipset heatsink cool.

Haha, I'll keep on tweaking and let you know what happens. Btw anyone knows what would be a safe temp range for the NB of this mobo? I'm using my H70 as a intake, so that MAY be blowing hot air to the NB. Just wondering....

yeah it's probably insufficient vcore or northbridge so I second the bump of voltage on CPU Voltage and IOH Voltage

Thx for the tip.

Woohoo, you were right!! The bump on the IOH did it! I manage to run prime for a hour now :thumbsup:

I would've leave it for a longer period, but ppl working on my home fixing stuff turned power off.... -.- (gonna try again this weekend)

Anyway ty all for the tips!!!