amd overdrive ????

i can't raise up the multiplier in amd overdrive. it shows max 16x

what do i have to disable in bios? or wath do i have to do?

Edited by cery25

FYI, you will not be able to overclock high in AOD. Manual overclock thru bios is best and use AOD for tweaks...

Edited by Drdeath

I can't raise up the multiplier in amd overdrive too. I have been raising the multi in bios. I prefer bios over any oc software because it is the manufacturer's mobo. I don't use the gigabyte oc software though because it goes through the os.

In the aod utility guide http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/AMD_Dragon_AM3_AM2_Performance_Tuning_Guide.pdf it says "Ensure that CPU NB, Memory or HT Link values are running at default stable values". I have not tried if this statement will make the cpu multi slider move because I have already oc the cpu and I don't want to go back. OC'ing is a time consuming process.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same problem. Open Overdrive>Preferences tab> look at the bottom right corner and see which version you have. Ver. 3.2 has a glitch.

Do a Bing search for Version 3.1 and download that. Should solve your problem. Did for me.

• 2 weeks later...

aod 4.0.4.0506 is out. All the sliders are adjustable. I made a cpu multi change and verified the change in gigabyte easy tune 6 software. When I restarted the pc the previous settings in the bios were used. Either I did not change the bios settings when apply was clicked or aod is only an os overclocker. The benchmark test runs twice now.