Steam Daily Deals

Avinexis

I played both on Steam (to completion) and had no issues whatsoever.

From what I could find out the issue is related to using Win7 x64 and AVG, but disabling AVG and running the 32-bit, DX9 version of Crysis still would not load. Nothing I tried worked, so I just gave up. Haven't got any other game giving me issues like that, so why should I let this one stop me. For everyone who does purchase Crysis, good luck, but just be aware there are some major issues with it for some systems, such as mine.

From what I could find out the issue is related to using Win7 x64 and AVG, but disabling AVG and running the 32-bit, DX9 version of Crysis still would not load. Nothing I tried worked, so I just gave up. Haven't got any other game giving me issues like that, so why should I let this one stop me. For everyone who does purchase Crysis, good luck, but just be aware there are some major issues with it for some systems, such as mine.

I ran Vista x64, DX10 and AVG.

I've played all the Crysis games too with no issues. On Win7 64. I use MSE though. Maybe the AVG ruined something on the install and thats why disabling it didn't do anything? I dunno.

I'll play around with it some more and see what happens.

Update: So I reinstalled it, from the backup I have, and it's even more messed up: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GuestJim/screenshot/540654888701068048?tab=public and the trigger to load the next chapter isn't going off. I'm validating the files now, hoping it will help.

Definitely sounds like AVG could have caused the problem, that's why I avoid it like the plague, turns up too many false positives and doesn't give the user enough control over what's going on in my opinion. I use Avira, light weight and if it does give me a false positive it will let me decide how it's handled.

Definitely sounds like AVG could have caused the problem, that's why I avoid it like the plague, turns up too many false positives and doesn't give the user enough control over what's going on in my opinion. I use Avira, light weight and if it does give me a false positive it will let me decide how it's handled.

It would have had to have done something at the install phase then, because turning it off hasn't helped, nor has telling AVG to not look at the partition with the games on it. Still, I'm messing with it, so maybe I can figure it out.

I'd give a fresh install of the game a try. If it was messed up since the install reloading the same backup wouldn't help.

:withstupid: Unless you have a really crappy Internet connection, just re-download it from Steam.

I am redownloading it now, but to be clear, the issues of broken triggers, and what's-her-name clipping, are not going to be from the backup, because they were not there the last time I played Crysis, in May. The install then and now are from the same backup. Still, redownloading and hoping.

One thing that was weird was the "~" console was not coming up on my saves until I started up a new game. When I went back to the old saves, the console kept working.

Oh, also I already had Steam re-verify the game files, but that didn't do it.

I am redownloading it now, but to be clear, the issues of broken triggers, and what's-her-name clipping, are not going to be from the backup, because they were not there the last time I played Crysis, in May. The install then and now are from the same backup. Still, redownloading and hoping.

One thing that was weird was the "~" console was not coming up on my saves until I started up a new game. When I went back to the old saves, the console kept working.

Oh, also I already had Steam re-verify the game files, but that didn't do it.

Your saved game files may be corrupted, which means the only solution may be starting a new game :glare:

Your saved game files may be corrupted, which means the only solution may be starting a new game :glare:

Hope not, especially as I don't know how they would have gotten corrupt. However it may just be those last two. When I loaded the third furthest (which was like a full minute before the next two thankfully) it was fine and she didn't clip. However the trigger issue remained and after I got on the elevator it wouldn't go up.

Steam's predicting about 40 minutes before it's done downloading.