good heatsink for gaming

212+... Its all you need, the stock fan can get alittle loud, but it will still be half as loud as the stock AMD cooler. So you get much better performance while being much quieter. If the noise is really an issue just manually set fan speed to 60% or so in BIO's on the Hyper 212+. 60% ought to be more than good to control any Phenom II quad-core. Whereas the stock AMD HSF needs every ounce of fan speed to keep things cool enough. I had a Phenom II 955 under AMD stock cooler than even at stock 3.2Ghz would reach 60c under prime95. Thats pretty bad, those stock coolers blow.

CM Hyper 212+ All the way. Ive used it in about 5-6 different builds now, it never disappoints.

Wow! i'll get 212+

Thanks!

212+... Its all you need, the stock fan can get alittle loud, but it will still be half as loud as the stock AMD cooler. So you get much better performance while being much quieter. If the noise is really an issue just manually set fan speed to 60% or so in BIO's on the Hyper 212+. 60% ought to be more than good to control any Phenom II quad-core. Whereas the stock AMD HSF needs every ounce of fan speed to keep things cool enough. I had a Phenom II 955 under AMD stock cooler than even at stock 3.2Ghz would reach 60c under prime95. Thats pretty bad, those stock coolers blow.

CM Hyper 212+ All the way. Ive used it in about 5-6 different builds now, it never disappoints.

Yeah I have mine set to 50%, roughly 1200RPM and I can barely hear it. Very nice heat-sink and fan. Did I tell you I over-clocked my CPU to 4.5Ghz with it! ;)

No problem! Enjoy your nice and cool Phenom II, let us know how the overclocking turns out hehe.

I'll be getting it on june, next month and will add a CM blue LED fan to brighten and cool it :biggrin:

Can't wait, might overclock :dunno:

I'll be getting it on june, next month and will add a CM blue LED fan to brighten and cool it :biggrin:

Can't wait, might overclock :dunno:

Get these fans bro. http://www.newegg.co...9-056-_-Product

I'm going to get two of the white LED version for my Hyper 212+. I think white LEDs and blue case fan LEDs will look sick! I have the 140mm version (blue LED) as my top exhaust and I really like it, pushes a ton of air at 1500RPM, albeit it gets pretty loud.

Edited by xxmastermushxx