Finally pulling the trigger

I have no problem with buying a used card. In fact, the 4890 currently in my machine came from these forums. But if I can get a new card for a just a few dollars more, I will do it.

Right now, I see it this way. A 6850 would be $150 or so and be more than enough for my needs. A 6870 would offer that much more headroom, even if I don't really need it at all. Correct? I imagine that by the time that either card needs to be replaced, the machine itself would be replaced too. I am not too concerned with looks since it will be in a case without a window. The case will be in my desk, so even that will most likely not be seen.

And the winner is...

Gigabyte HD6850

I decided that the 6850 was probably more than enough for me. The card came to $155 after rebate. I'll also be able to sell my 4890 to offset the cost. The smaller card will be more efficient and generate less heat in the small case that I have chosen.

That 460 looks cool, but why does the fan swivel out??

No idea, I'm in full agreement in it's high level of strange

Makes it easier to blow the dust out :cheers:

OP - If you liked your 4890, then you will prob be pretty happy about the 6850 :thumbsup:

And the winner is...

Gigabyte HD6850

I decided that the 6850 was probably more than enough for me. The card came to $155 after rebate. I'll also be able to sell my 4890 to offset the cost. The smaller card will be more efficient and generate less heat in the small case that I have chosen.

OC THAT SOWMBITCH!! :P (please) I wuv the 6850, I wanted two in CF before the 5970

Makes it easier to blow the dust out :cheers:

And my brain out lol