Bitspower Waterblocks

I own the Yate Loons (well, not the red LED version, but the regular of the Yate Loon low speeds) and a couple of the CM R4s. I junked the R4s for use with anything except case ventilation...their specs are way off and they have an annoying whine. Cooler Master has a long history of "creatively" reporting specs for their fans.

I'd suggest going with the fans that wevvspot linked if you can stand not having the red LEDs though I'd choose either of them over the R4s.

EDIT: Here's a chart of the airflow vs noise for the CoolerMaster R4 Sickleflow (and a few others): http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/120mm-fan-roundup-2_4.html#sect0

Note that it's moving less than 35 CFM at over 46 dB. I don't have any directly comparable numbers for the YL but I wanted to give you an example of how far off those CM numbers are.

these arent the sickleflows, these are a different type, but i see your point about the figures

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these arent the sickleflows, these are a different type, but i see your point about the figures

They sure look like them if they aren't (same blade design and all).

Mucho - personally I think way too much is made of "airflow" when it is quoted in a fan's specification sheet.

I wouldn't recommend something that I haven't personally used or tested.

Max airflow / fin restriction etc. won't affect your idle or load cpu temps but by 3-4 degrees very worst to very best.

For me, water cooling silence is a primary consideration, so I'm more interested in average cooling capacity and dead silence.

The reality of it is - even a highly restrictive fin arrangement on your radiator and even a low flow cooling fan will move some amount of air over and through the radiator fins.

So, if you want maximum cooling performance select a radiator with a dense fin arrangement and use with high speed, high CFM fans (although you WILL have to deal with the noise)

If average cooling performance is ok, and silence is golden - select a radiator that you like, in the size that you need and couple that with some medium/low speed fans and be done with it.

The joy of the yate loons I recommend is that because of the width, the fan blades are massive and deeply cupped. Accordingly they can move a fair amount of air at medium to low speeds.

Those look identical to me. All the specs minus the CFM rating (which doesn't make sense given that they run at the same RPM, have the same motor, and look like they have the exact same blades) are identical.

Also - what wevvspot said (again). :P

Edited by Waco

Any real difference between EK and DangerDen blocks/rads?

Both companies make good stuff though EK is more respected and tends to have a little better thermal design. DangerDen GPU blocks are normally extremely high-flowing where EK designs tend to be slightly more restrictive (though both are less restrictive than most CPU blocks these days).

Both companies make good stuff though EK is more respected and tends to have a little better thermal design. DangerDen GPU blocks are normally extremely high-flowing where EK designs tend to be slightly more restrictive (though both are less restrictive than most CPU blocks these days).

I know im stating the obvious, but watercooling is sure turning out to be expensive... $1250 AU. probably about $1300 american (finally my dollar beats yours, about 2 years ago 1AUD=0.5American) and that is without fans...

I know im stating the obvious, but watercooling is sure turning out to be expensive... $1250 AU. probably about $1300 american (finally my dollar beats yours, about 2 years ago 1AUD=0.5American) and that is without fans...

Yup. If you're trying to do things cheaply you end up with a crappy system...and if you want something that's awesome (or have multiple video cards) you end up paying out the nose for it.

Yea, it is expensive! But, in other countries it is very expensive :rolleyes: Doesn't cost anywhere close to that in America. But, I guess the WC companies want to stick to anyone overseas, which is pretty crappy!

Yea, it is expensive! But, in other countries it is very expensive :rolleyes: Doesn't cost anywhere close to that in America. But, I guess the WC companies want to stick to anyone overseas, which is pretty crappy!

DangerDen have offered me a 30% discount on their stuff! I am so happy,

So, which of their rads (http://www.dangerden.com/store/black-ice-series/) i am looking for low airflow and good cooling (also i am going for 2x 120.4 rads in dual loop)

and waterblocks (http://www.dangerden.com/store/i7-nehalem-1366-socket/)

should i choose?

Edited by Muchoman1