Limit on OC'ing 6970? wtf?

Gr4vitas

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sniped out a few more points, it seems that the scaling of +mghz to +score is starting to lack. I brought up the core to 1010 and mem to 1540, had to bring the voltage up to 1300mV in afterburner though, I could probably knock that back a little but I'm not concerned with heat so for the moment im running it at 1300, will fine tune it later.

Anyway I only snagged a few more points from my previous score (p6019).

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/863629?key=un2kNdKsd7WqFVQcxkBzFpH905yVja

I wrote a thread awhile back on how to unlock MSI Afterburner, there are a few extra steps when you have an AMD card!

Not sure why you are using both Afterburner and Trixx though Gr4v? I can do everything in Afterburner only and all of your settings are intact even after you close the prog! Are you keeping both OCing progs open when you run benchmarks, cause that is more resources used which usually means the scores can be slightly affected! Like I said I open Afterburner, adjust volts, core, and mem clocks, set my user defined fan profile...close afterburner and my OC settings can be verified with gpuz! When I am running benchmarks, I make sure nothing else but the bench prog itself is running ;)

I wrote a thread awhile back on how to unlock MSI Afterburner, there are a few extra steps when you have an AMD card!

Not sure why you are using both Afterburner and Trixx though Gr4v? I can do everything in Afterburner only and all of your settings are intact even after you close the prog! Are you keeping both OCing progs open when you run benchmarks, cause that is more resources used which usually means the scores can be slightly affected! Like I said I open Afterburner, adjust volts, core, and mem clocks, set my user defined fan profile...close afterburner and my OC settings can be verified with gpuz! When I am running benchmarks, I make sure nothing else but the bench prog itself is running ;)

Your guide didn't work for me, using both programs in tandom is working fine for me, the only resources its using is more ram, but I have plenty.