Limit on OC'ing 6970? wtf?

Gr4vitas

Not really sure why that guide didn't work for you. Did you follow the AMD instructions exactly rebooting when needed? Cause, I haven't had anyone tell me it wouldn't work. If using both progs is working fine for you great, was just trying to give you a less "ghetto" way of overclocking ;) Because it is very possible to do everything in 1 program :thumbsup:

No matter how much RAM you have, your Benchmark scores will go up if you are using less resources! But, then again all of us aren't as concerned about getting every single point we can :evilgrin:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure why the core/mem are still locked :dunno: I just reinstalled my 6970's yesterday after checking out the GTX 580. After a driver sweep removing the Nvidia drivers and clean reinstallation of the AMD 11.2 drivers, then making the changes in registry editor, it all still worked for me again! I also got a few PM's with others saying the same thing. So, wonder why you are having issues? Here is a SS of my MSI Afterburner with the slider positioned to max volts, core, and mem and the cfg file. Of course I didn't hit apply ;)

Did you make sure in your cfg file in your Afterburner folder that - UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1

ssofunlockedmsiafterbur.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vivid2012

You could try flashing it with the bios from the 6990.

Yup, it might worth u a peek.