Water cooling - Some questions

Gr4vitas

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup buy extra tubing I went went with 10' as well, but I recomend checking out http://www.aquatuning.us/ I live in Canada but the price was way cheaper than getting stuff from the US including the shipping all the compression fittings tubing fans I bought from them were almost half the price shippied. They shipped to me 3 day UPS cost only 6 bucks LMAO.

Yup buy extra tubing I went went with 10' as well, but I recomend checking out http://www.aquatuning.us/ I live in Canada but the price was way cheaper than getting stuff from the US including the shipping all the compression fittings tubing fans I bought from them were almost half the price shippied. They shipped to me 3 day UPS cost only 6 bucks LMAO.

Oh wow 10 feet for 15 bucks lmao, thats insane. Definitely buying my tubing from there! And the UV red tubing is specifically noted to be 'dark uv red', I presume this is because a lot of "uv red" stuff really turns out pinkish under Uv light. So thats pretty cool.

Beware of low cost tubing, companies often sacrifice quality for the sake of price. Bad tubing can crack, or kink very easily. Cheaping out on tubing is like cheaping out on health insurance.

Have never had an issue with cheap tubing. But that is likely because I flush and clean a loop every three months and the tubing gets replaced with it. :D

I know its hard to fathom but water cooling does take up alot of room. Its not the fact that the components are big its the tubing you have attached that can make it a pain. unless you want to spend $15 a pop for 45 and 90 degree fittings and compression fittings. LOL screw that.....

It all depends on how you configure it. That give more reason to me suggesting the Drive series rads and the XSPC combo.

BTW: couldnt find the review

Have never had an issue with cheap tubing. But that is likely because I flush and clean a loop every three months and the tubing gets replaced with it. :D

I know its hard to fathom but water cooling does take up alot of room. Its not the fact that the components are big its the tubing you have attached that can make it a pain. unless you want to spend $15 a pop for 45 and 90 degree fittings and compression fittings. LOL screw that.....

It all depends on how you configure it. That give more reason to me suggesting the Drive series rads and the XSPC combo.

BTW: couldnt find the review

Cheap tubing lasts like 6 months at the most. I managed to run my loop for over 2 years before redoing it, and upon inspection, everything was CLEAN! I had minor amounts of gunk on the cpu block, but nowhere near as much as other people's rigs. The tubing was in perfect condition as well, it could have lasted for another year or two.

As for the 45 and 90 degree fittings, those are completely useless, except in some situations (and the plastic ones work just fine). In my case, it was a tight squeeze getting the tubing from the rad through the holes in the case (pre-made), so I got 2 90 degree barbs for 3 bucks and it works just fine. See picture below. Those barbs aren't really necessary if you get the right tubing - I recommend 7/16 ID - it's thick, but not so thick that it won't be able to take a tight bend without kinking.

Note - this picture is one of my old setup - I've changed cases and redone the loop since then.

DSC_0837.jpg

The new build was a bit trickier - the holes for the tubing were BEHIND the radiator, making everything a PITA but I managed.

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

How were the temps? Have you tried the rad in and outside the case? How was the ambient case temp? I've never been a big fan of putting the rad in the case, since the temps outside the case are usually a bit lower.

Holy hell, what's your ambient? I idle 33 on my coolest core and 43 on my hottest core on boot! Partly due to the fact its usually like 32C outside.