need help overclocking

nezrop

ah well about how fast should i set them i think i set them as low as i could but probably not. if thats not the case what else should i try?

try lowering the cpu's main multi and see if that does it. If it does, it's vcore volts, if it doesn't it's probably Northbridge/FSB voltage that is needed

well my first attempts at lowering cpu multipler failed (423x8) i didnt go lower then that but i think i might try although im not sure that is the problem becuase i got the ram to about the same clock and the cpu was actually slower then when its stable at 3.7 ghz

The CPU might not be able to do a 423 blck. If it's stable at 412x9 try 413. Or drop the multiplier to like 6 and slowly up the blck till it won't boot. Some CPUs get higher blcks then others. My 950 can only hit 220 on the blck, seen some higher and lower but no matter what I've tried it won't go any higher.

Did you just go right to 423x8 or did you work up to it? Since you checked the ram I would see what the limit is on the blck. I'm guessing that you CPU can't do 423

yeah i went striaght to it i didnt work my way up to it. i will try steping up next chance it getand will post my results. 423 shouldnt be a proble manypeople with the same processor can go over 500 but i dont know maybe my motherboard sucks or something get what you pay for i guess lol.

yeah i went striaght to it i didnt work my way up to it. i will try steping up next chance it getand will post my results. 423 shouldnt be a proble manypeople with the same processor can go over 500 but i dont know maybe my motherboard sucks or something get what you pay for i guess lol.

also thought about this..... i dont think ive ever seen a good overclock with an even multipier, that might also be part of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with olokul If you have the option of running X.5 that will help. It might be hidden as "cpu n/2" that means if its set to 9 it will actually be 9.5. you could also try dropping the timings on the ram, if it holds you can slowly tweak them back up and volt as needed. I've never seen much return from overclocking ram anyway you could always try unlinking the cpu from the ram and clocking the ram lower.

Guest vivid2012

also thought about this..... i dont think ive ever seen a good overclock with an even multipier, that might also be part of the problem.

would be a part of time.