Replace fans on CM Hyper 212+

Hi guys,

I'm using the AMD Phenom II X6 1055T. It's been used and I've seen someone overclock it up to 4.0GHz on a Corsair H50. I'm not willing to drop a lot on cooling right now, so I want to go price/performance. Everyone is giving rave reviews about the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ working great. I want to get my sound levels way down. This is because I've got the SeaSonic PSU and it's inaudible. I would like the loudest thing in my case to be the Video Card (I've got an asus 6850 and it's really quiet too). The loudest dB I can really stand is 25dB around there at least. I'm going to go ahead and swap the stock fans off the cooler when I get it. Also I'll go push/pull on the 212+. Let me know if you have ever used some good, quiet, 120mm fans.

Thanks

I used a single Noctua NF-P12 pushing using a Hyper 212+ at 7v (1100RPM's) and it never got my 1090T at 4.0GHz past 53C in a Storm Sniper case on Prime95. If you want good CFM fans with no noise, then the Noctua NF-P12's are your fans.

They're just over $18 per fan at Amazon. I see you have the Zalman CNPS9700 LED, that should do fairly well to cool the 1055T (maybe even better than a Hyper 212+ with a Noctua). I just noticed that those are high voltages just for 3.3GHz, if you check my "System Builds" link in my sig, you'll see my 1090T get to 3.5GHz at 1.3v and 4.0GHz at 1.45v. You might need to try adjusting your overclocks.

The 1090T I have for my girlfriend is using the CNPS9700 NT at something like 10% or 20% fan speed and it only gets up to 49C at 3.5GHz with Prime95.