Bosco's SSD Contest

Bosco

I think people take things too serious around here sometimes. Maybe I'm just around a lot of sarcastic people a lot, but I don't see anything wrong with what you posted. Sure, this site has a ton of members but how many are that active? Maybe 100, including staff. You see more people show up for these contests who haven't even been to the site in ages, and every so often you'll see one of them win something. I think more people should have thoughts about that rather than which staff member won something in the most recent contest.

+1 Though sometimes im one of the people who take it to seriously. :-/

As far as the contests go, none of us will really be happy with the setup unless we are the ones benefiting and winning.

+1 Though sometimes im one of the people who take it to seriously. :-/

As far as the contests go, none of us will really be happy with the setup unless we are the ones benefiting and winning.

Bah, people just need to change their mentality when entering contests. Instead of going OMG I HOPE I WIN, they need something more along the lines of "I'll give it a go, but I doubt I'll win anything." I've been entering contests for a while now, but have yet to win something, and you know what? I don't really care, since when I enter the contest, I don't expect to win.

What would you define as active?

Active as in a decent amount of recent posts. Not someone who joined 3 years ago, posted 4 times, then never again until some new contest starts.

I think people take things too serious around here sometimes. Maybe I'm just around a lot of sarcastic people a lot, but I don't see anything wrong with what you posted. Sure, this site has a ton of members but how many are that active? Maybe 100, including staff. You see more people show up for these contests who haven't even been to the site in ages, and every so often you'll see one of them win something. I think more people should have thoughts about that rather than which staff member won something in the most recent contest.

Active as in a decent amount of recent posts. Not someone who joined 3 years ago, posted 4 times, then never again until some new contest starts.

We have alot of active viewers. The average member base is around 20000 posters is around 3000, really active I would say about 250 - 500 weekly. But it goes up and down all the time considering the none active posters decide to post so that throws my numbers off. :rolleyes:

We have alot of active viewers. The average member base is around 20000 posters is around 3000, really active I would say about 250 - 500 weekly. But it goes up and down all the time considering the none active posters decide to post so that throws my numbers off. :rolleyes:

My figure was a ballpark so thanks for the clarification. Either way, with nearly 63k registered members we have 5% of those active. 15% with the member base you said.

Depends on what you mean by active. To me active means doing stuff in the forums not just posting.

So based on that we have about 33% active, just because they don't post doesn't mean they don't vote, or post a link on another forum looking back to OCC. :)

See I see the positives of people that don't post they still do other stuff :thumbsup:

It's honestly sad how much you all feel the need to bash on others to make yourselves feel better.

I didn't mean to post on waco's account -- I forget sometimes when I'm using our HTPC to see who was signed in last... so in reality I think you all owe Waco an apology.

Joking around is all well and good, but one has to know where to draw the line. Calling into question the integrity of the site, or more specifically bosco, isn't something that should be joked about. Long time members may know you're joking and/or just ignore what you say, but those with little activity or those that join just for the contests will get a seed of doubt planted in their mind because of something you think is funny, but is not.

Depends on what you mean by active. To me active means doing stuff in the forums not just posting.

So based on that we have about 33% active, just because they don't post doesn't mean they don't vote, or post a link on another forum looking back to OCC. :)

See I see the positives of people that don't post they still do other stuff :thumbsup:

True, I've always judged activity by posting. I had bad experiences on another site where there were always a bunch of people logged in but maybe 3 of them were posting. I don't like lurkers. :lol:

True, I've always judged activity by posting. I had bad experiences on another site where there were always a bunch of people logged in but maybe 3 of them were posting. I don't like lurkers. :lol:

Very true but lukers can also be a very good thing :)