check my build

Nope don't do that, running the ram in single channel will make it wayy slower. Your 2x2gb will work fine, and you can always buy another kit later on if you need it.

Also with core unlocking the 555 has the best sucess rate but as speedway said its not guaranteed to work, and if it does there is no way to monitor the core temperatures.

The phenom unlocked to quad would be much faster than an athlon 640, depends if you want to risk it not unlocking.

I agree with the dual channel but the Athlon x4 is better because even if the 555 unlocks it will probably take alot of voltage to OC to a higher clock when unlocked (as the two other cores will be inferior in efficiency compared to the primary two, whereas the Athlon was intended to be a quad)

Also some Athlons can unlock their L3 Cache, but that's pretty rare.

Nope don't do that, running the ram in single channel will make it wayy slower. Your 2x2gb will work fine, and you can always buy another kit later on if you need it.

Also with core unlocking the 555 has the best sucess rate but as speedway said its not guaranteed to work, and if it does there is no way to monitor the core temperatures.

The phenom unlocked to quad would be much faster than an athlon 640, depends if you want to risk it not unlocking.

Oh whatever.. its hardly a difference with that split and he'd be saving money my way, he's not even here to push his performance manually like that he's here to get best for his budget. Plus its completely different latency, he's going to be buying more expensive ram thats going to run a slower latency than the one stick in the first place, unless he learns to OC. Plus if you were to upgrade you'd want the space for the full 16 in the long run, so some would say it'd be small minded to waste the time with 2x2gbs.

As for the processor, not true, gtfo.

Reading helps.

Edited by TOMisCHEEZE

Oh whatever.. its hardly a difference with that split and he'd be saving money my way, he's not even here to push his performance manually like that he's here to get best for his budget. Plus its completely different latency, he's going to be buying more expensive ram thats going to run a slower latency than the one stick in the first place, unless he learns to OC. Plus if you were to upgrade you'd want the space for the full 16 in the long run, so some would say it'd be small minded to waste the time with 2x2gbs.

As for the processor, not true, gtfo.

Reading helps.

Tom please follow the rules and respect other members (please don't tell them to gtfo) :)

I understand what you are saying and that you are trying to save money but the performance boost given by running memory in dual channel is highly more noticeable and will outweigh any performance loss in running the other memory with looser timings/higher latencies.

Given this, it would be more beneficial for the OP to run a 2x2gb set.

He has already bought the 2x2gb set anyway.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Alexandre

Tom please follow the rules and respect other members (please don't tell them to gtfo) :)

I understand what you are saying and that you are trying to save money but the performance boost given by running memory in dual channel is highly more noticeable and will outweigh any performance loss in running the other memory with looser timings/higher latencies.

Given this, it would be more beneficial for the OP to run a 2x2gb set.

He has already bought the 2x2gb set anyway.

EDIT: Spelling

Yes sire! So it really is that big a difference huh?

Apologies all around, didnt mean it like that, get the frick back in here youuu!!!

Actually lets all gtfo, he already bought it, case completo.

• 2 weeks later...