Help build an Inexpensive Mini Desktop

cjloki

I'm thinking of building a mini or sub desktop for my work that takes up minimal space, uses less power, is quiet, and most of all is inexpensive(like $200 or less). the main use will be ms office stuff, word/excel etc, web surfing, occasional video watching. i think the main attribute ought to be: cheap to build, compact design/ small form factor and unobtrusive...

I'm thinking dual core whatever ibm/amd cpu?, maybe mini itx form factor...

all suggestions will be given due consideration...

thanks all !

cj

View Postcjloki, on 17 February 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

the main use will be... web surfing, occasional video watching...

I want your job. ;)

Lol, maybe he wants it small so he can hide it under his desk with a KVM switch. :ph34r:

I want your job. ;)

NO You Don't

i'm a staff member at a rehab facility. by occasional videos i mean related to alcohol and drug abuse treatment vids, usually from like NIDA or SAMHSA and almost always slow and tedious. ...and imagine having 30 bratty children with the mentality of charley sheen, lindsay lohan or robert downey junior to look after for eight hours a day...i barely get time to get my work done...

Green Mini-ITX Build Unless of course you want to multi task.

i like that speed thanx! it has some really good ideas.

imma try to find some of those parts locally...i'm still thinking dual core and minimum 2gigs ram...i have an extra wd 640 black around here and multi drives are cheap right, so what chipsets do you think i should be looking for ??

NO You Don't

i'm a staff member at a rehab facility. by occasional videos i mean related to alcohol and drug abuse treatment vids, usually from like NIDA or SAMHSA and almost always slow and tedious. ...and imagine having 30 bratty children with the mentality of charley sheen, lindsay lohan or robert downey junior to look after for eight hours a day...i barely get time to get my work done...

:sick: Keep it!