Worried about cooling...

boredgamer

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a pc built for me and I am a bit worried that it will run too hot:

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core [email protected] GHz, ASUS® P8P67: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 4GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz,1280MB NVIDIA GTX 470, 640GB WD Caviar Black, Corsair 750W TX Series PSU, COOLIT ECO A.L.C liquid cooling, Arctic Cooling MX-3 high thermal conductivity compound.

And this is going to sit in a CM 690 ii Advanced, white edition. Stock 3 fans, the top one replaced by the water cooling.

Now my question is, because of the overclock and the GTX470 being such a hot card is my cooling adequate? I have to have the 470 because it's the only card compatible with Adobe cs5 and still a rocking gaming card...

:thx:

Now my question is, because of the overclock and the GTX470 being such a hot card is my cooling adequate? I have to have the 470 because it's the only card compatible with Adobe cs5 and still a rocking gaming card...

For Adobe CS5 you can use any video card in the last 3 years to run it. Did the sales guy tell you that its the only card that will run on it is that why you bought it?

As for cooling this system, The water cooling is going to take a lot of the internal heat away from the cpu that would "hang" around in the case,so you just have to make sure the case fans are blowing the right directions as front in, back out. Other then that you should be fine just as long as its not in a cabinet of some sorts.

For Adobe CS5 you can use any video card in the last 3 years to run it. Did the sales guy tell you that its the only card that will run on it is that why you bought it?

Nah, found the info on Nvidia's website and Adobe's compatibility list. It's like not all the cards are compatible with a certain aspect, I don't remember what it actually was, so I'll call it 'Monkey program' or something like that anyways. I'm going to start studying graphic design but didn't want to go the Quadro route since they won't play games well, so I wanted a system that I can game on. Shows how important I find studying...

You don't need a GTX 470 for CS5, all you have to do is edit a text file to make a card work with the GPU accelerated features. I personally use a GTX 260 with it, but even a GT240 would work fine. Any CUDA Supported card (given that it's not extremely low-end) should work with CS5. Rendering however, is still done on the CPU.

Then again, if you're editing something like RED or 2K footage, go for the 470.

Edited by NearlyEpic

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a pc built for me and I am a bit worried that it will run too hot:

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core [email protected] GHz, ASUS® P8P67: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 4GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz,1280MB NVIDIA GTX 470, 640GB WD Caviar Black, Corsair 750W TX Series PSU, COOLIT ECO A.L.C liquid cooling, Arctic Cooling MX-3 high thermal conductivity compound.

And this is going to sit in a CM 690 ii Advanced, white edition. Stock 3 fans, the top one replaced by the water cooling.

:thx:

i have the coolit ECO on my i7 oced to 3.8ghz and never see temps over 60c

but the first thing i did was to replace the stock fan and added another for push pull config