Will Noctua D-14 fit in my case and over my Ram?

feetfats

now I wonder if I should buy this cooler so I can OC my 940 or if I should save some coin for an ssd.

I'm deleting a bunch of crap from my c drive to see how small I can get it.

I think the only way an ssd will work is if I only have a few games installed at a time but that will be a pain in the a$$

Edited by feetfats

now I wonder if I should buy this cooler so I can OC my 940 or if I should save some coin for an ssd.

I think the only way an ssd will work is if I only have a few games installed at a time but that will be a pain in the a$$

I would say go for the SSD. You'll notice the performance boost from it more than you'll notice any performance boost from an overclock.....hhhm I wonder if I just committed blasphamy for suggesting such a thing on Overclockers Club?? :erm:

Edited by Alexandre

hhhm I wonder if I just committed blasphamy for suggesting such a thing on Overclockers Club?? :erm:

lol, I was wondering the same when I asked if I should oc or get a better hd lol.

We may both get the 'ban stick' if we aren't carefull

Edited by feetfats

you dont have to do all that....

Use a spare hard drive and move the Programfiles x86 folder to teh spare drive...this will move all your games and Steam to the spare drive....everything thats inside the x86 folder

Install the SSD then Install Steam if you use that...then change the programfiles x86 path to the spare drive...walla everything you had before is there... for your games do as for normal re-installs...move the app files back and then find the game .exe files for those non-steam games and send a shortcut to the start menu or where ever you chose and everything will work just fine...

thats how us using 32gb. 64gb and 128gb users do it ;)

make re-installs much faster too and games still launch faster...

I am confused as to why you don't just adjust the fan so it clears your memory. Thats what every other normal person does :lol: Move the fan up a little in height and you will be fine.

you dont have to do all that....

Use a spare hard drive and move the Programfiles x86 folder to teh spare drive...this will move all your games and Steam to the spare drive....everything thats inside the x86 folder

Install the SSD then Install Steam if you use that...then change the programfiles x86 path to the spare drive...walla everything you had before is there... for your games do as for normal re-installs...move the app files back and then find the game .exe files for those non-steam games and send a shortcut to the start menu or where ever you chose and everything will work just fine...

thats how us using 32gb. 64gb and 128gb users do it ;)

make re-installs much faster too and games still launch faster...

Well that sounds good

Is there a guide somewhere that breaks this down a bit more. I'm a tad confused.

I tried this before except not with an ssd. It didn't work out well for me but I hadn't moved the whole programs x86 folder so I can give that a go.

If I have all of my games and programs on the 2nd drive and then if I reinstall windows on drive 1 I will just have to redo the path and recreate the shortcuts to all the different programs without reinstalling the programs?

I like to do a fresh windows install every now and then to keep things speedy so will I be able to leave the 2nd hd alone and just format drive 1 and still get the benefit of a fresh install

Edited by feetfats

You can see my specs in my signature.

I'm wondering if the big a$$ Noctua coolers would work in my system?

My corsair Dominator ram is pretty huge.

I cannot OC at all because when even at stock clocks she will get too hot in a stress test of 10 mins.

44mm clearance for RAM. For my Dom GTs I had to remove the top fins.