New gtx 460 artifacting.

Alright guys well I have been gettings artifacting lately on my galaxy gtx460 1gb. It is only a couple weeks old and this bothering me. I am running a 8800gts, and gt240 along with it. Right now at factory settings the card is registering 93C under load from gpu-z. I'm assuming something is seriously wrong with the heatsink or something and I should RMA it? The gt240 and it are quite close together but the fan still gets decent airflow... I am at a loss here as to how a new card can have these issues.

Edit. I put all 3 gpu's under load and the 460 is up to 99C

Edited by usaweapon777

Alright guys well I have been gettings artifacting lately on my galaxy gtx460 1gb. It is only a couple weeks old and this bothering me. I am running a 8800gts, and gt240 along with it. Right now at factory settings the card is registering 93C under load from gpu-z. I'm assuming something is seriously wrong with the heatsink or something and I should RMA it? The gt240 and it are quite close together but the fan still gets decent airflow... I am at a loss here as to how a new card can have these issues.

Edit. I put all 3 gpu's under load and the 460 is up to 97C

maybe running 3 different series at once has something to do with it lol

Both the 460 and 240 look like they are running hot. The only card that doesn't is the 8800! Is is a coincidence that that happens to be the bottom card? Porbably not ;) Here is what I would do - take the 240 and 8800 out and see what temps the 460 runs by itself, if it were me I would probably do the same with the GT 240! If the the 460 is still running anywhere near those temps, then I would say it is time for an RMA. I have 2 GTX 460's in SLI and even when I am benching like crazy, my top card barely hits 60C! But you have 2 cards under the 460, and heat rises. Test the 460 alone and post some temps, that is really the only way to know if the card is running hot :cheers:

Both the 460 and 240 look like they are running hot. The only card that doesn't is the 8800! Is is a coincidence that that happens to be the bottom card? Porbably not ;) Here is what I would do - take the 240 and 8800 out and see what temps the 460 runs by itself, if it were me I would probably do the same with the GT 240! If the the 460 is still running anywhere near those temps, then I would say it is time for an RMA. I have 2 GTX 460's in SLI and even when I am benching like crazy, my top card barely hits 60C! But you have 2 cards under the 460, and heat rises. Test the 460 alone and post some temps, that is really the only way to know if the card is running hot :cheers:

agree

well with just the gtx460 my load temp is at 73. If you have 2 in sli and there no where near that hot I assume mines got issues?

What are your ambient temps? 73C load is that Kombuster? If you like I will run it and see what I get. But 73C load temps on the 460 seems very high, unless your ambient temps are high righ now as well.

ambient is 70f. It doesn't matter its artifacting right now I have green lines all over the screen even without the other cards in the case. At this point I'm pretty much forced to RMA. Lol I love how galaxy says they have 24/7 support. I call and it just gives me an answer machine.....

ambient is 70f. It doesn't matter its artifacting right now I have green lines all over the screen even without the other cards in the case. At this point I'm pretty much forced to RMA. Lol I love how galaxy says they have 24/7 support. I call and it just gives me an answer machine.....

LoL, 24/7 support.....Of course they forgot to mention M-F ;)