need your help overclocking noob here.

james91

hi with core temp and amd overdrive i only get up to 41 degrees Celsius.

there is somthing we are missing, I just got my new board today (still waiting for the CPU to show up) and although it is suposed to OC better than the old board, I can't get my 720be past 3.2 which is childs play according to everyone here. As soon as my new CPU arrives, which I hope is today, I will see what I can do and see what settings I come up with to make mine OC. Hang in there, I have faith in you! :typing:

can anyone help please. i cant get a stable overclock at all :(

and where can i find this llc thing cause i cant find it.

I have had this CPU less that 24hours and it does seem like it is hard to get it to 4Ghz. I have an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and using thier built in OC utility I was able to get it to 3.8Ghz but the ASUS OC utility doesn't mess wiht the multiplier at all.

What settings have you changed so I can compair them to what I have done?

For 4ghz use 1.45v and use 286fsb x 14 to give you 4ghz and for 4.2ghz you need 1.475v with 255fsb x 16.5 to give you 4.2ghz .

The voltages he needs are entirely dependent upon his chip.

Also - why would you OC using the FSB when you have a Black Edition chip? Just crank the multiplier and leave as much as possible out of the equation.

The voltages he needs are entirely dependent upon his chip.

Also - why would you OC using the FSB when you have a Black Edition chip? Just crank the multiplier and leave as much as possible out of the equation.

I agree, I was just saying that the ASUS utility didn't mess with the multuplier. I need to go back and try some more with everything stock then messing with the multplier.

• 2 weeks later...

So, this is slightly upsetting. this is really close to the rig i am getting. And it seems that you two are having issues with it. please keep this updated with your findings. and when i get to working on my gear will post my findings. till then happy hunting.

So, this is slightly upsetting. this is really close to the rig i am getting. And it seems that you two are having issues with it. please keep this updated with your findings. and when i get to working on my gear will post my findings. till then happy hunting.

It also sounds like they are trying to cut and paste settings from someone else's overclock into their BIOS and that usually NEVER works.

You must work an overclock up from the ground up because it is dependent on YOUR hardware and cooling, not someone else's on a forum. You can't just take someone's settings for an awesome OC and apply it to yours because they probably had to tweak the crap out of their rig to get there. The best thing anyone can do when overclocking is to read guides on what does what, then play a bit. Then once you have a good grasp of what's going on, clock it until it burns!