Looking for a 1080P monitor which can be displayed in portrait mode

Ricky C

Hi, I am looking to swap my 17" LCD monitor with a larger one that has a rotating stand for portrait mode. I do have a Dell one setup on my desk at work, but can’t seem to find many of these around on the internet, apart from Dell ones. I was wondering if there were any other manufacters that produced monitors on these kind of stands

Be very careful if its a TN panel - viewing angles on them make them unsuitable for rotating into portrait mode.

How? The monitor stays at the same position when you switch it into portrait mode so the viewing angles aren't affected. Sure, it may look a bit off when you rotate it around but once it is in portrait mode, it is perfectly fine.

How? The monitor stays at the same position when you switch it into portrait mode so the viewing angles aren't affected. Sure, it may look a bit off when you rotate it around but once it is in portrait mode, it is perfectly fine.

TN Panels generally have a pretty poor range of vertical viewing angles (when in standard orientation). Rotating it into portrait modes means those become your horizontal viewing angles, which you are far more likely to notice.

It's not the end of the world (and I suspect some panels will be better than others), but it does mean they aren't really ideal generally.

TN Panels generally have a pretty poor range of vertical viewing angles (when in standard orientation). Rotating it into portrait modes means those become your horizontal viewing angles, which you are far more likely to notice.

It's not the end of the world (and I suspect some panels will be better than others), but it does mean they aren't really ideal generally.

I've never encountered it on a TN panel monitor that can be in portrait mode. Besides, even if the one you have does get affected by it, how often are you not sitting directly in front of the monitor?