Best Bang for buck CPU Cooler

SpeedCrazy

Some 7 year old generic biege thing with 2 80mms and a low power 120mm no wire management and only 3 hdd cages 4 5.25 bays. Case has a bunch of dead spots as far as air movement goes. Plus i have drilled the front bezel full of holes to try and let more air in.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk what your comment means but, i dont think i could fit either noctua in my case but i could just cram the frio in i think. I was wondering, if i upgraded to a case with better air circulation(would be nice to have a quieter and neater case) and stuck some high power fans (currently my exhaust fans) on my cooler with the supplied brackets, would it improve my cpu and gpu temps? Then i would be able to spend a bit more as it is a longterm investment.

The simple answer to this question - Absolutely! A case with good air flow will improve both your cpu and gpu temps. And with a "7yr old biege thing" you will prob see a big difference with a new case and drastically improved air flow! Also, like you said a new case is a long-term investment, so choose a good case now, and 7yrs, and 2 system upgrades down the road, you can have a "7yr old black thing" :biggrin: I say go with the new case, see what your temps look like and decide on the cooler from there, if money is an issue. If not, get the new case and jump all over tropical's deal on the DH14 ;)

I was trying to get all over tropicals deal but he still has not responded so i think i will go with the case idea. What case would you recommend? As i said i love the haf x but i will seriously look at anything with good air flow. So i need the best airflow for the dollar now. If money was no issue i would forgo this conversation and pick up the Lian Li PC-V2120. :wub: But i cant really go over $200.