4 ghz reached on Q9450!

Onion

not too bad :cheers:

past 500 takes a little more tweaking, whats the nb voltage at?

Everything is on auto except the ram and the vcore. :biggrin: I gotta do some reading up and see how I can stabilize it more, I'm sure I can run 4.1-4.2 ghz for some benches.

yo leet, are you running your ram at 1:1 ?? what is your northbridge voltage set to??

Yeah, 1:1. And idk what the NB voltage is at, nearly everything is on auto, haven't really done any tinkering with this board. I just settled for 3.6 ghz since I got the board over the summer (too hot to go any higher).

The NB on my board doesn't have a temp sensor, and I know I shouldn't exceed 100 celcius no matter what, so I'm a bit iffy on how much voltage I should give it. About how much voltage should I max around? I don't want to give it too much and fry the NB and have to go through yet another gigabyte mobo.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Everything is on auto except the ram and the vcore. :biggrin: I gotta do some reading up and see how I can stabilize it more, I'm sure I can run 4.1-4.2 ghz for some benches.

Hell yeah! Gigabyte P45s you just set and forget :cheers:

Hell yeah! Gigabyte P45s you just set and forget :cheers:

i only have x48 chipsets to go by,...my rampage formula north-bridge gets real fast at about 1.49 - 1.51v but that's pretty much red-line volts for benchmarking. my p5e3 pro's run really fast at slightly less, like 1.47 - 1.49, ...but it's best to takes it up slowly and test as you go...you know the drill leet...