460GTX Overclock

exile47

Hi All

If this doesn't belong in this section, i apologize.

I have a MSI GTX460 768 Cyclone. At the moment I'm running it @ 880 (Mem @ 2000) at 1037mv. What is the max overclock you guys got with similar cards on what voltage? Is it save to push the voltage higher. The max temp playing Battlefield at the moment is 62C.

Thanks.

Push the voltage as high as you can. I think all cards max out at 1.087v if I'm not mistaken, which probably will get you to maybe 900 or higher if you're lucky!

Push it as high as you can, your temps are fine

I went into the frumark benchmark forum and looked at all the 460's and it looks like they all stoped at 1087mv but the slider goes up to 1138mv in MSI afterburn and i know the 480's can handle that. try downloading that and see if it will go higher kinda interested to know if the 460's cap out on the volts

I went into the frumark benchmark forum and looked at all the 460's and it looks like they all stoped at 1087mv but the slider goes up to 1138mv in MSI afterburn and i know the 480's can handle that. try downloading that and see if it will go higher kinda interested to know if the 460's cap out on the volts

nah it will let it go up to that, and then if you click apply it will come back to 1.087v :P

that's might be true.

Isnt there a setting in the cfg file for afterburner that that allows you to overide some settings. enable unofficial overclcking = 1. that might allow you to set higher.

Im not at home so cant post a screen shot etc.