Bclk limitation...Cpu or Mobo?

Rockrtx

I can boot my PC at 200 bclk at low multiplier but nothing stable. Try almost everything from voltage: , cpu, qpi , pci-e, ioh, ich ......but can't get a easy 3600 OC with my ram running at 1600 ( 200 bclk ) speed.

My question is, got a i7 920 CO if i change it for a DO will it Bclk higher?

Or its the mobo ( P6T Deluxe V2 ) olding my Bclk?

Cpu or Motherboard?

Rock

What exactly have you tried voltage wise. If you can post up the voltages you have tried on which bus I should be able to get you there. 3.6 is an easy clock and the P6 derivatives I have tested have all gone past 200. 215~222 is where I run into problems CO or DO.

Couple quick things bump your IOH voltage up and bump your PCIE clock to 105. Also keep the chipset cool with a fan over it

What exactly have you tried voltage wise. If you can post up the voltages you have tried on which bus I should be able to get you there. 3.6 is an easy clock and the P6 derivatives I have tested have all gone past 200. 215~222 is where I run into problems CO or DO.

Couple quick things bump your IOH voltage up and bump your PCIE clock to 105. Also keep the chipset cool with a fan over it

Ok i will try again i just change to bios 1108 yesterday and try PCIE clock to 110 but can't run prime 95 more then 30 second ( 200 x 15 = 3000 mhz )....but dint not try IOH and PLL

my problem was the same unthil i change the PSU

I can OC the chip to 4 ghz with lower bclk ( 195 ) and higher multiplyer.

Psu is fine.....bclk is the problem.

I watch my mobo heat and when i start prime 95 the mobo will go quick to 49 degre and freeze.

Is ther a thing i can do to make my chipset cooler other than put a fan beacause i have no space bettween cpu cooler and chipset tu put a permanant fan there?

I can OC the chip to 4 ghz with lower bclk ( 195 ) and higher multiplyer.

Psu is fine.....bclk is the problem.

I watch my mobo heat and when i start prime 95 the mobo will go quick to 49 degre and freeze.

Is ther a thing i can do to make my chipset cooler other than put a fan beacause i have no space bettween cpu cooler and chipset tu put a permanant fan there?

1- change the thermal compound

2- put a fan on the side of the case

3- change the chipset fan cooler ( or entire cooler )

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103155

Edited by cery25

Now i know it is not the chipset heat problem, i disable HT and mobo maintain 48 degre and then crash.

On my normal OC stable ( 3.4 + TURBO ) the mobo hit 58 degre and it is fine.

I am about to give up on the 200 bclk try about every thing and no better

Thing that i try

- Underclock memory

- low OC ( 200 X 15 )

- vcore 1.25

- qpi on auto, 1.35, 1.3750 , 1.4

- load line calibration on

- cpu pll auto , 1.88 to 1.96

- al power saving feature off ( speedstep,turbo mode , ce1 support ect...)

- cpu differential amplitude auto, 800 mv, 1000 mv

- cpu and PCIE spread specrum disable

- IOH auto, 1.3 to 1.4

- PCIE 100 to 110

What else could i try to help bclk? Booster cable on mobo????????? :doh:

One of our reviewers had a chip that would not go above a 185 bclock and had to be the absolute worst overclocking Core i7 920 I had ever seen. You may be in the same boat. He tried 4 different motherboards and no matter what it still would not go. You may have gotten the short straw.

One of our reviewers had a chip that would not go above a 185 bclock and had to be the absolute worst overclocking Core i7 920 I had ever seen. You may be in the same boat. He tried 4 different motherboards and no matter what it still would not go. You may have gotten the short straw.

Thank for info, but if i want to be sure i got to drop 300$ for another chip..... :pfp:

I am testing right now ( 195 x 19 = 3705 ) and it pass 3 round of prime 95 with mobo temp at 65 degre and cpu 74 degre max on 1.32500 v core , qpi 1.35 and almos everything else on auto.energie saving feature off.

Did you ever try crossflashing bios to help BCLK? like the 0006 special bios or p6x58d premium bios?

Edited by Rockrtx