Water Cooled HTPC

firky

Have you considered building your cooling tower into the back of your case? That would be pretty sweet.

Edit: Maybe something like this that I wipped up in MS Paint real quick. I was thinking you could use some sort of connector for the rad to that case to basically make them connected. I think it would be very hard to move a case that had a water cooling tower attached to it by some hoses and stuff. I think you might be way ahead of me by the looks of the connectors you bought.

HTPCWC.png?t=1294380534

Edited by gabrieltessin

The tubes are all fitted with koolance quick disconnect so it would just be like unplugging your keyboard before moving the rig. I did think about keeping every thing attached to the case but then it would make the case so much bigger then it would not be a low profile HTPC case.

They would indeed add a small amount of air added to the loop and also some water will escape the loop its quoted some thing like 0.2ml not really worth worrying about. How ever the rad I have has a bleed screw at the top I can simply undo that and add water. Any air in the loop would end up at the highest point and thats where the bleed screw is.

I wanted to give you guys a better understanding of my idea. So made a 3D model in CAD and rendered it last night sadly it took about 14 hours to render and the quality is poop... but it dose give a better view of my design, the first 4 seconds of this video seem corrupted for some reason but after that all is good.

Here's a link to my

• 4 weeks later...

Small update.

I have been waiting on the tubing for the link between the case and the cooling tower for about a month. But today they showed up. Here are a few pic's I think I will buy some large cable braid and join all 3 links together.

fe175101.jpg 831d0f08.jpg

3df9f367.jpg fddb9ea6.jpg

ea7c2100.jpgb927d684.jpg

Firky.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words.

Time for a small update.

e10ac421.jpg d6b5aecc.jpg

c9724633.jpg 1bc26d8c.jpg

8ee29227.jpg abda9b76.jpg

894595e2.jpg f76b387d.jpg

Back plate for my water cooling loop. Also is a prototype of GDDR and volt reg's water block for my 450GTS low profile cards.

Firky

Parts have arrived. Here are a few quick pic's to show how the fittings look in the back plate.

20d6800f.jpg 332fd9cb.jpg

4172307e.jpg e8a982d2.jpg

Hopefully I will get this fitting to my case over the weekend.

Firky.