Overclocking ASUS video cards - iTracker2

El_Capitan

So, with a great deal from tacohunter, I'm now a proud owner of an ASUS ROG Matrix HD 5870 2GB! It's a great card, I took out the big heavy heatsink/fan that was attached, and easily attached a Swiftech MCW80 Universal GPU and some ramsinks. Max Temps during Furmark doesn't go above 52C for the GPU, and the Memory Temperature stays cool as well. The only problem I have is that on iTracker2, there's a temperature monitor called, "Power Temperature" that gets pretty high, even into the 100C's. What is that? I'm tempted to overclock more by upping the GPU Voltage (only at 1300mV), but that Power Temperature scares me a bit. Google search amounted to nothing useful.

Current Max Stable Overclock is 1020/5180. I can get 5200MHz on the memory if I bump the Memory Voltage up to 1700mV, but 20MHz for 50mV doesn't seem worth it.

Power Temperature is the average temperature of the 12 phase PWM components (8 - GPU, 2 - IMC and 2 - memory ) supplying power to the card. Need to get some air movement on that end of the card.

Power Temperature is the average temperature of the 12 phase PWM components (8 - GPU, 2 - IMC and 2 - memory ) supplying power to the card. Need to get some air movement on that end of the card.

Thanks! I'll have to figure something out when I get home, the case fans that are directed towards it isn't enough, apparently.

Thats why I like full cover blocks!

I upped the speed of my side-cover fans, maybe that will help. I don't like full cover blocks since once you upgrade, you can't use your full cover ones anymore. With universal GPU's, you can just install it on your next one as long as you can mod the backplate and find a way to cool the other components.

I upped the speed of my side-cover fans, maybe that will help. I don't like full cover blocks since once you upgrade, you can't use your full cover ones anymore. With universal GPU's, you can just install it on your next one as long as you can mod the backplate and find a way to cool the other components.

but then can't run your current card at it's best so it's still a win/lose situation either way